Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

acom+1000 and ldg at1000 pro11

im in the process of buying an acom 1000 amp and a ldg at1000 pro11 atu,my question is how do I hook this up with my flex 6500 as my ptt outlet on back of the flex is used by my pr40 heil microphone with a hand ptt switch,as far as I know the acom does not have alc control,ny help would be greatly apprechated.thanks tony

Answers

• np2g
    np2g Member ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Regarding the PTT 

There is TX1, TX2 , TX3  outputs     (NO)  that goes (NC) when you activate  PTT  You can use any of these  to key the amp.

Follow the radio setup to enable and set the timing .

This information  is in the manual and should be looked at  before you do this. . 

I do not use ALC amplifier control  . Even if I had this as a flex function . 

Don't over drive it to start with .
    Hope this helps 

• Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    PTT jack >> hand switch, TX1 jack >> to Acom 1000 key in jack.  Ant1 jack  >> to Acom 1000 RF in jack,  Acom 1000 RF out jack  >> LDGat1000 proII transmitter jack, LDGat1000 proII Ant1 jack >> Antenna, LDGat1000 proII ANT2 >> to dummy load (recomended) Squeeze handswitch talk far. 

But, start out by reading the manual so you know how to Auto Operate and Tune without buying a new tube during the first week. 
  • Tony Hateley
    Tony Hateley Member
    edited February 2015
    thanks very much jay,that  seems quite simple even for a simple person like me lol,by the way is that read the acom manual .thanks tony
  • Jay Nation
    Jay Nation Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Yeah the Acom manual and if the LDGat1000 proII oII manual is anything like the LDGat100 proII manual, well lets just say guard your hair with a ski cap, or shave your head first. Because after you figure out what the buttons do and sort out the autotune on or off. You won't be spending any money at the barber until it grows back in, it it grows back in. Good tuner that will tune most anything you connect but it takes a while to sort out what all the buttons do. If the Acom 1000 tunes up as easy as my Acom 1500 tunes up you will love that amp. I loved my Heathkit 220 too, ok mostly because of its Kermit the frog color scheme, But It really made me want an auto tuning amp. The 1500 make me glad I saved the money to spend on the difference between the prices of the 6300 and 6500. You let the tuner do the match low power and once its matched it, it should be able to find that match every time unless the Antenna changes. But that's my guess follow LDG's instructions. about how much power you can tune with. Any dummy load used to tune the amp into needs to be after the amp, shame you end up taking up the 2nd antenna on the tuner. but once you get some ballpark numbers for the amp tuning they are repeatable. The amp ought to protect itself even in Auto-operate mode. Just remember to switch the bandswitch, I don't know why I forget once in awhile it feels so automatic, I guess Im expecting it to remember that for me.   

I do have the TX inhibit connected between the radio and amp, its not required but it will prevent SmartSDR from actually transmitting if the amp thinks there might be trouble. It might save my bandswitch, it has so far at least.

Have fun!        
  • Tony Hateley
    Tony Hateley Member
    edited February 2015
    ok jay,thanks very much for all that info,i will be refering to to the manuals before I do anything and also your posts,thanks for you time and trouble to reply.tony
  • Steve Walker
    Steve Walker Member
    edited September 2016
    I also use a LDG AT1000 PRO II after the ACOM 1000 but one thing I do is to turn off "auto tune" on the tuner, you don't want it suddenly deciding to go into a tune cycle whilst you may be QRO.

Never good for the relays or the tube I know the A1K *should* shut down the moment it sees the SWR shoot up as the tuner cycles - so for the sake of two key presses it is better safe than semi sorry!

I use a foot switch to the radio then off to the amp from the TX port. I have a 7ms PTT delay on always and as others have said no ALC needed. Just set all your TX profiles to lower than 100w and you're good to go. The A1K matches the Flexes perfectly. And the tuner is a breeze to set up and use. Plus the knight rider power meter looks neat.

73 Steve

• Tony Hateley
    Tony Hateley Member
    edited April 2015
    So I don't need a cable from my Ldg to the flex accessories port
  • Steve Walker
    Steve Walker Member
    edited September 2016
    No I have not used one, cannot speak for others. I just have the PTT one(s) connected.

Steve
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Steve is correct - do NOT connect the tuner to the ACC port.
  • ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭

@Tim - W4TME

I there anyway to connect the LDG tuner to the Flex via a USB adapter? I have a 6400M and an SB-221. I should have an AT-1000ProII here tomorrow. More than anything I'd like to switch antenna outputs of the tuner remotely. I run remotely mobile quite a bit lately. It's a bunch of fun.

Ed KA9EES

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.