Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

accessory connector ?

W2ECK
W2ECK Member ✭✭
edited December 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Can the Accessory Connector port on the 6600 be used to send band info to an amplifier ?

Paul
w2eck

Answers

• JohnSweeney
    JohnSweeney Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    I use one of the USB ports to a USB to Serial converter - talks to my Expert amp perfectly.
  • Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Unless you are using I2C, there are no signals of the type you want on the accessory connector. The USB cables of various kinds (RS232, BCD and binary) are what you need otherwise.
  • W2ECK
    W2ECK Member ✭✭
    edited March 2019
    John & Ted- thanks for the information. I'll just have to get another USB to Serial converter cable.
    73 Paul w2eck
  • k0eoo
    k0eoo Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    The Flex downloads have a document called:  "USB Cable-interface-Guide" on their web page.  it shows how to connect to your amp and tuner directly from the Flex's USB port.  The only difference between that and using DDUtil is, DDUtil can control/reduce the output power of the Flex when it drives your amp...  Good luck, Dennis, k0eoo

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.