Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

ACC Button

Options
Robert -- N5IKD
Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
Why do we need the ACC button? If I select Line 1 input from the transmit source selector then is their another Line 1 to which I might be referring?

Answers

• Stu Phillips - K6TU
    Stu Phillips - K6TU Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Yes! There is a combined XLR and 1/4" jack connector on the rear of the radio. The XLR portion is the balanced input (BAL), the 1/4" jack is the LINE IN. ACC refers to the audio connection on the accessory expansion port on the rear of the radio. To use ACC for audio in, you should select LINE IN AND enable the ACC control. Stu K6TU
  • Robert -- N5IKD
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Seems to me that if you just called one of them line 1 and the other line 2 then you could get rid of a button.
  • Stu Phillips - K6TU
    Stu Phillips - K6TU Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Indeed! With my iPad app, I'm currently refactoring stuff to take infrequently used controls off the main view of the application so I can recover real estate. Rather than re-christen ACC to LINE 2, I'll add it as a separate input in the audio sources and automagic the setting of the ACC button. Thanks for the UI feedback for the iPad app. Stu K6TU
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    Options
    We engineered it this way to be able to interface a voice keyer to the radio and still allow you to use the microphone without manually switching the audio input interface. The two audio inputs mix with one another.
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Options
    If you do use the Line in on the ACC connector for digital modes you need to enable both LINE and ACC, then you also need to disable COM and TX EQ. And if you also have mic connected to the rear combo connector while doing digial you need to set the Line level control to minimum. ( The combo connector is still hot with ACC selected. ) Hopefully.... AL, K0VM
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Please Clarify... I have my Heil PR22UT Mike plugged into the balanced connector using a 1/4 inch TRS connector. It is active using the BAL setting on the front panel. Does this input also function as a "Line" input with line input levels when selected using the LINE setting on the TX panel? Would there be any performance change if I soldered an XLR connector to my mike cable instead of a 1/4" TRS? My impression was that the multi connector was simply wired with XLR & TRS in parallel. Have I missed something here?
  • Robert -- N5IKD
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hmmm,.. I should probably use the OFF button on the microphone when using digital modes.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Options
    You should if it is connected to the Line In or Balanced input. You are OK if the mic is connected to the front of the radio.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2016
    Options
    You are correct. Electrically, there is no difference between the 1/4" TRS and 3-pin XLR connector. However because the Line In input is intended to be used for connecting outboard audio gear, you can not enable the +20 dB audio preamp when the LINE input is selected, whereas you can enable the +20 dB preamp if the Balanced (XLR) connector is selected.
  • Sergey R5AU
    Sergey R5AU Member ✭✭
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I assume a lot of combination are very good for explorers, but in case switching to the DIGI mode should redirect audio to combination prepared by user, ex: some body use MIC input, some body ACCm but later on will be VAC available, as was announced for ver. 1.0 - waiting availability of the user persistence what should be available after the basic one
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Neat. My Kenwood TS-850 had a line on the ACC port that would serve as PTT and also mute the main mike line when using digital modes with audio patched through the back panel. This prevented a "Hot" mike during digital transmissions. Could one of the ACC lines be programmed in this way? Or perhaps have two different Virtual PTT Lines.. One that muted the main mike audio, the other that doesn't? That would make it easier when using external line audio inputs. Is this switching logic possible? (or perhaps I should say...Easy? Anything is possible with computers, but perhaps not feasible.)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.