Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

A TCP Server for DDUtil

Steve - K5FR
Steve - K5FR Member ✭✭
edited April 2019 in New Ideas
DDUtil v3 has a new feature in development, a TCP/IP server which allows control of the main DDUtil program from another IP address on your LAN. This server *IS NOT* intended to be a full blown DDUtil program, but instead to allow some key commands to be executed remotely. - Auto Drive PTT (Oper/Stby) - Rotor control w/feed back - SteppIR yagi direction (Forward/Reverse) - Amplifier power and mode (some supported amps only) To demonstrate this feature I created a server client application I call DDClient. This little app allows control of some necessary DDUtil functions and hardware if your using the radio from another location on your LAN, say on the patio or your favorite easy chair. Current commands can be seen at the following link as things stand today, but other commands will be added as development continues.. http://k5fr.com/DDUtilV3wiki/index.php?title=TCP_Server More later.
2 votes

Open for Comments · Last Updated

2 votes

Completed · Last Updated

Comments

• Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2018

using version 3.2.1.00 of ddutil.

I am trying to get the ddclient to run for control of my 1K-FA while running remote in the garage.

The instructions say to make sure TCP server is selected in the FEATURES tab but I don't see that in that tab, I do see what I think is the same thing in the OTHER tab but when selected and I start DDCLIENT I get this error. The instruction show being able to specify IP address of host computer and port but I don't see this option in this version, any ideas?

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    This seems to be an old feature but I find it useful as well. I have the same problem. It seems that DDUtil tries to create to TCP Server ports and runs into an issue.

• Rob Fissel
    Rob Fissel Member
    edited July 2015
    Larry, 

Bump. I'm running into the same issue. Did you ever find a solution? 

I've played around in Windows Firewall ensuring that both DDUtil and DDUtil client are opened up to no avail. I cannot connect locally on the same machine or from another computer on the LAN. 

Best, 

Rob
  • Steve - K5FR
    Steve - K5FR Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    This issue has been fixed. Anyone wanting to play with DDClient send me a private email and I'll send you a link to the file.
  • Rob Fissel
    Rob Fissel Member
    edited July 2015
    Thanks, Steve. Email sent!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.