A very strange but reproduceable anomaly with MY 6500

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Acknowledged
I clicked on 'Problem' but it's just more of an annoyance
If I leave the Flex6500 just turned on and listening to a band for a length of time say 2-3 or more hours. I will get this problem almost every time.
The 6500 will shut down.
I'm using running WSJT-x (but just monitoring, no transmissions). I finally see a new station I haven't worked and call him at the appropriate time.
An audio pop from the speakers and the Flexs begins it's shut down process.SSDR stays on scree but is not working.
A shut down of the Flex and restart followed by a restart of SSDR and all works.
I do NOT have to shut down WSJT-x. just power down the Flex, and restart SSDR.
This does not require a reboot of the computer.
As I had not made a transmission, it was not rf, nor do I experience ANY rf induced shutdowns of any kind. (the advantage of qrp)

Anybody have any ideas why this will happen almost EVERY time I leave the two running and am just monitoring or working on the other computer with no interaction to SSDR at al.

Oh and Happy Memorial Day to all and especially you Vets. Hope you have an enjoyable day.
Photo of Bill-W9OL

Bill-W9OL

• 726 Posts
  • 56 Reply Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9052 Posts
  • 3435 Reply Likes
Official Response
This issue has been previously reported and is in our bug tracker as issue #3597.  This is a high proiority issue that we are actively looking into.