Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

A great Maestro unboxing video!

Matt-KD5FGE
Matt-KD5FGE FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
edited April 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
I stumbled across this unboxing video today! Enjoy!

Be sure to share a video of how you are enjoying your Maestro!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuf0fX2Wms8

Comments

• G4NRT
    G4NRT Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    This really is hot off the press because their Maestros only arrived yesterday! David G4NRT
  • Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Matt, the guy repeatedly references how wonderfully the Maestro was packaged. I have always been impressed about all of Flex's product packaging, it rivals Apple in terms of safety and design. Who is responsible for designing the packaging?
  • Gerald-K5SDR
    Gerald-K5SDR FlexRadio Employee ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Matt was responsible for the retail packaging.
  • Steve (N9SKM)
    Steve (N9SKM) Member
    edited May 2016
    Matt is doing a dam good job, The packaging on FRS products is very well thought out.
  • Steve (N9SKM)
    Steve (N9SKM) Member
    edited May 2016
    Man, I just watched it and it looks beautiful. Honestly for me its at the end when he is punching touch screen stuff the 0 latency in switching.. just looks so fluid. A non SDR  friend of mine that has been in the ham game longer than I have been alive messed with one at a fest and gave the knob feel his blessing so it must be good! that screen has beautiful resolution. invoice in the next few days hopefully!!!
  • KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    Is the Maestro running WIn 10?
  • Steve (N9SKM)
    Steve (N9SKM) Member
    edited May 2016
    It's embedded windows, way different than running windows __
  • KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    What version of embedded windows is the Maestro running?
  • Steve (N9SKM)
    Steve (N9SKM) Member
    edited May 2016
    I feel like it has been mentioned by FRS staff at one point in the last couple of weeks. But I'm getting ready to go horizontally polarized so the searching will have to wait for me. I am curious to what end although, it is as it should be on this kind of product locked down.
  • KC2QMA_John
    KC2QMA_John Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Yea I guess I too will have to wait for a definitive answer....
  • Steve (N9SKM)
    Steve (N9SKM) Member
    edited May 2016
    Do some searching I feel like someone from frs may have mentioned it. It boots straight to ssdr though. I am ASSuming you are looking to try to side load or hack it somehow? Probably a good way to void warranty and support as I am sure you are aware.
  • km9r.mike
    km9r.mike Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    Well that was pretty much wifi plug and play. Very impressive for this leading edge piece of gear. Perhaps those who are not yet a Flex customer and who are a **** to knobbed radios will think the same.

Mr Spiers seemed to be full of anticipation.
  • G4NRT
    G4NRT Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Having viewed the video, I would say that my experience was very similar to Gary's. I think he implies that the battery and tilt feet are included but otherwise it is obvious that he is as excited by the Maestro as the rest of us! I also went directly for a wireless, battery-powered Maestro as my first experience of it. I must also heap praise on the packaging design. Very, very cleverly thought out - especially with the top foam piece being used to rest the device on whilst attaching the feet! My only other request would be for a screen protector. I've left the original one on my Icom 5100 and it would have been nice to do the same to the Maestro. Hopefully FRS or someone else will come up with an aftermarket one. David G4NRT
  • km9r.mike
    km9r.mike Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    I place screen protectors on all of my legacy rigs that do not even have a touch screen. There are numerous third parties that make cut to fit screen protectors for ipad and such. You probably would have success at your closest Apple store or electronics vendor. I understand your concern to preserve the screen as pristine.

I got a kick out of Gary's reactions especially for the socially polite emotionally reserved British.
  • Paul Bradbeer
    Paul Bradbeer Member
    edited June 2016
    'Socially polite, emotionally reserved British' ...guessing you've never been in a British city centre pub on a Friday night (...or come to that, met any of those crude ex-Royal Navy types..) ;-) ;-)
  • km9r.mike
    km9r.mike Member ✭✭
    edited May 2016
    I was being kind : )

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.