Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

A/D converters are hanging up then starting again on my 6700. The waterfall show a horozontal black

N4AB
N4AB Member ✭✭
edited April 2019 in SmartSDR for Windows
The sampling period seems to be interrupted on my 6700. Sampling seems to start and stop on a continuous random basis. The attached screenshot clearly show a horizontal black ****  where the data is missing, but the clock keeps the waterfall advancing. Anyone have any ideas about this. Guess I will check Tech Support in the morning. This started a few days ago and is getting worse. Both SCU's are skipping (ANT 1 & ANT 2).

Answers

• Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Are you sure it is not network drops?   I see that same behavior when something causes a collision on the network.
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2019
    Hi Al

That does look like network drop outs.  Is that computer Wifi connected or wired?   Can you share some more details.

Mike 
  • ka7gzr
    ka7gzr Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I would certainly do a processor reset.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited April 2018
    First off, your assumption that the ADC is hanging in incorrect based on the screenshot you provided.

What you are experiencing is most likely a network problem where packets are being dropped because your Network Health Indicator is RED.

So to start addressing this problem, you need to describe in detail how your radio is communicating to SmartSDR-Win as it applies to your LAN.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.