Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

A cost effective Web Relay control

13»

Comments

• Charlie_KB8CR
    Charlie_KB8CR Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    That is the one I originally planned on buying, but for control software it seems that you either have to buy a 3rd party program, or use command line stuff. I wanted something that I could control with a GUI.

Charlie
  • Warren Merkel
    Warren Merkel Member
    edited May 2019
    I whipped up this simple browser interface for a Flex Alpha tester using an 8266 and a 4 relay board.   It allows members of the Flex Alpha team to execute remote up/downgrades and SmartLink association.  The blue areas are clickable buttons that turn red when active.  
    It is a paired down version of the antenna controller I mentioned earlier in this thread.  The UI is similar.   I've found the 4 channel relay boards with an 8266 for under $5 now.

Warren, KD4Z

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited May 2019
    Hi Charlie

It does have a Web GUI.  And, then you are not dependant on Windows to control it.

Mike

• Charlie_KB8CR
    Charlie_KB8CR Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Michael.....That would work fine, but When I was on their website, I didn't see where to get that application. There were links to other sites but they had license fees of $45 for apps. Is this screen native to the unit (ie: in it's firmware?)

Charlie
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited May 2019
    Hi

There is no application.  You plug the relay into your network and then enter the network address, like http://192.168.0.68.   It is all built in.  You do this from a web browser.

They outline it on their page:  https://info.kmtronic.com/kmtronic-lan-ethernet-ip-8-channels-web-relay-board.html

Mike

• Charlie_KB8CR
    Charlie_KB8CR Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Thanks, Michael.......I just ordered one. Looks like it'll take some time to get here from Bulgaria.
  • johna8119
    johna8119 Member ✭✭
    edited May 2019
    In answer to your question about tying the relays together, you can do this.  You simply run jumpers from the "hot" line of the relay coils which you wish to operate simultaneously.  I have done this in order to switch both legs of the 240v power to my linear.  The control software may not reflect that all the relays which you have tied together have been opened (or closed).  If it is an entire relay bank, that is no problem.  But if you have some relays on the bank performing other duties that are not tied together with others, you just have to remember which is which.  I haven't found that to be an issue.
    The Sainsmart relay cards have worked well for me.

John
    W4KV
  • normancyyj
    normancyyj Member ✭✭

Lately I have been going thru my shack and cleaning up noise generators.

I found that the Son/Off 4 position switch was generating a lot of noise on 10m and 6m. I tried using ferrite to **** the noise on the line and power feeding it. Even fed it from a battery. I was unable to get rid of the noise until I removed the 12volt supply and powered it directly from the 120vac mains. Now there is no noise. Have others found this also or do I just have a noisy module.

• pc3t
    pc3t Member ✭✭
    Hi guys, I just became a new owner of a 6600 around 3h ago, and I want to turn on/off remotely my radio as I do with the other ones, the difference is, I use a software to do that. I read about REM at back of the radio using RCA connector with a remote switch, well, I'm a Shelly user here, I have my entire house smart with shelly and I was wondering if I can use a shelly1 remote switch to do that as well. I have a smart plug for the power supply, so I can turn on/off with no issues but what about the radio? Anyone using Shelly as well? How the RCA is connected to Shelly 1? Any diagram available?
    Any help/idea will be very welcome.

Regards,
    Alex
    PC3T

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.