Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

A=B or B=A at a mouse click with SmartSDR ?

Andrew O'Brien
Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭
Any way to have Slice A suddenly become Slice B and Slice B become Slice A and achieve this via a simple mouse click?  I am asking because it would be nice to flip them at timesfor various reasons.  I know I can simply click on the TX button and easily change the TX focus but , for example, there are times I have DAQ channels in different slices set up differently and feeding different software.  It would be nice to occasionally flip the slices but maintain the DAX settings.
of the slices .
Andy K3UK

Answers

• Larry Loen  WO7R
    Larry Loen WO7R Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    There is an earlier thread on VFO emulation, which is what you are asking for here. I suggest you dig it up so we don't have to redo it. We developed a lot of ideas in that thread. We also need a "move slice to here for DX" that will do related things we need
  • Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited July 2019
    DXLabs' Commander will do this. In addition, it is probably fairly easy to create a macro VFO control and use it with something like DDutils.

• Larry Loen  WO7R
    Larry Loen WO7R Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    That's nice as far as it goes, but this is basic functionality we had in powesdr and have in every competitive rig. I again urge finding the old thread that we are in serious danger of recapitulating, including this exchange. If I wasn't stuck on my phone, I would do it myself.
  • Andrew O'Brien
    edited October 2016
    I use Commander but don't see this as simply doing anything other than switching the slice labels .  I'll look for the old thread.
    Andy. 
  • John-K3MA
    John-K3MA Member
    edited December 2016
    Take a look at Stacks for Flex 6XXX written by AA3RK.  I am not completely sure but I think it might do what you want by simply clicking the Active Slice you want shown at the top of the GUI.  Plus it has alot of other nice features.

• Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited July 2019
    I think this is the previous idea. Being an "idea" I was able to vote on it... https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/in-smartsdr-for-windows-how-about-a-one-press-butto...

Sorry Andrew if I misunderstood the question. Actually, I think I'm not understanding the difference between what Commander is doing and what you are asking for. AxB seems to swap slice 1 and 2 while A=B makes slice 2 equal to slice 1.  One of my favorite features is the "1", "2", "5" and "10" buttons above the VFO B(TX) display where a quick click on "1" sets me up for transmitting 1 KHz above the receive frequency.

Kevin K4VD
  • Andrew O'Brien
    edited October 2016
    John, Stacks was not exactly what i had in mind but I just downloaded it and feel it will be VERY useful, thanks.
  • Andrew O'Brien
    edited October 2016
    I don;t think i explained myself well, Kevin. I would like to be able to change the Slice but retain the DAX.  So, if Slice A was using DAX 1 or IQ1 and i wanted to switch to Slice B , I'd still like Slice B to acquire the DAX channel Slice had  without having to set up the normal way.  

• W9OY
    W9OY Member ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    I think commander does exactly what you want.  I had DAX 1 in slice A and DAX 2 in slice B and the DAX switched with A>B
  • Andrew O'Brien
    edited October 2016
    So it does , just tried it.  I'm guilty of assuming and not testing.  VERY useful, thanks
  • Andrew O'Brien
    edited October 2016
    but Commander AxB command does what I need.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.