Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

"Just one more thing..." What do we have to expect as additional features in V1.3?

DK1EY
DK1EY Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
In the last major updates, FRS always implemented some additional features as 
  • APF for CW
  • 4/8 receiver DAX™
  • 4RX I/Q streaming, up to 192kHz x2
  • Active slice control panel
  • Hardware ALC
  • Support 137kHz and 474kHz bands
  • Quick Rec/Play
  • TNF
  • Downward Expander
  • Speech Processor
I am looking forward to updating my 6300 to V1.3 on monday.

What additional features will be implemented with V1.3?

I hope for
  • Useable NB, NR, ANF, APF
  • Bandmap/Beacons on the panadapter
  • CW Skimmer on the waterfall
  • Modified RIT/XIT to work split (So you don't have to use a second slice for split operation. Interesting for 6300 owners)
  • Lock panadapter edges
  • Complete "auto tuning" for built-in tuners
What do you think?

VY73
Tom
DK1EY

Answers

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Tom, that would be nice.....from above.

I hope for
    • Useable NB, NR, ANF, APF
    • CW Skimmer on the waterfall
    Regards, Al / NN4ZZ  
    al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

• KY6LA_Howard
    KY6LA_Howard Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    USeable DIGITAL Smeter
    Choice of color palettes .
    Spots on the waterfall
  • DK1EY
    DK1EY Member ✭✭
    edited December 2015
    I totally forgot about the useable digital Smeter! Great addition to the wishlist.
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    We can already use RIT/XIT to do splits up to 10 kHz. But I would love a "Check TX" button that let's me quickly listen to the XIT frequency.
  • DK1EY
    DK1EY Member ✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Hi Ken,

that is the bypass, I already use. It could be a little more convenient in terms of handling/usability.

E.g. a "Split" button/field as the RIT/XIT fields would be great.

Just push "Split [+1]" and there you go. 

VY 73
    Tom
    DK1EY
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    It is simple when using the Flex Control Knob. I just hit the Aux3 button and dial my TX frequency up to where I want it. Then I double click it to zero it out. Or tap the "big knob" to change the man frequency. If you don't have "the knob" you are missing a lot of the fun! I just wish I could quickly listen to the TX frequency by pressing a button.
  • DK1EY
    DK1EY Member ✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Hi Ken,

I have the knob and I am very impressed. But such a powerful radio should offer these small little things "on board". Not everybody wants to use the knob.

Clicking "Split" and directly working split 1/2/5 up is much more handy than pressing AUX3 on the FlexControl.

A simple, convenient possibility to work split without sacrificing one of the two slices of the 6300 should be possible not only for FlexControl owners.

To sum it up: I love my FlexControl and it's quality. But a simple addition in SSDR would be my favorite way to work split.

VY 73
    Tom
    DK1EY
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I agree that it would be handy to have a single button, or perhaps a macro, that would activate XIT and set the offset to 1K, or 2K, or 5 K when repeadedly pressed. However, on CW and RTTY I seldom use an exact offset of 1K, but always adjust it based upon the congestion in the pileup. I hit the XIT and dial it up in a split second. But a single button that got me close would speed things up a bit.
  • Ned K1NJ
    Ned K1NJ Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
        Band edge markers,  color palettes, an effective noise blanker-  really basic stuff.
    Improved APF and S-meter to bring it where it should be.

Ned,  K1NJ
  • Steve - M3SXA
    Steve - M3SXA Member
    edited March 2017
    Looking forward to FM later in the year... I don't use CW but looks exciting can it decode as well?
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    No, it does not decode CW
  • Ned K1NJ
    Ned K1NJ Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
      Very excited about this release in general, and especially intrigued about the possibilities listed above that Tim did not exclude.

Ned, K1NJ
  • Steve - M3SXA
    Steve - M3SXA Member
    edited February 2015
    ok thanks Tim...
  • DK1EY
    DK1EY Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Looking back to the old roadmap and the promised features, I am not sure if there was even"on more thing" in the V1.3 update.

However. Flex did a good job, V1.3 is running very stable here and I am looking forward to seeing the new roadmap and future improvements.

Keep it up Flex!

VY73
    Tom
    DK1EY
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I have noticed a few little tweaks and additions that I appreciate....

1) TUNE and ATU Tune on SSB is now at Zero Beat!  Thanks!  Big time saver.
    2) Last CW Filter used seems to be remembered when changing bands via DX Spotting program.  Thanks. This also saves time
    3) Expanded functions on the Flex Knob.  A nice start.

These are in addition to the major release items - CWX (Yes)  Profiles (Yes!) etc.

I didn't get to play much yesterday, I had meetings in the evening and then family obligations.  Perhaps tonight I will test some more, after yet more evening meetings for work.

Ken - NM9P

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.