Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

900 MHZ tranverter Issue

Options
Steve Cook
Steve Cook Member ✭✭
edited February 2017 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series

I am trying to connect my DEM 900 MHZ transverter.  To my 6500 but had not luck.  The transverter is connected to the transverter port on the radio and the PTT line is connected to the PTT on the DEM.  I have configured the transverter radio setting for 28.100 IF and 902 output.  The dBm I have set for 0.1.  The DEM 902 is set for 5 watts in = 7 watt out.  I am unable to bring up local 900 MHZ repeaters in the area.

Steve

KD7IQL

Answers

• Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited February 2017
    Options
    The output of the transverter port is milliwatts (+7dBm or so -- don't have the spec in front of me).  If you want to use a DEMI transverter with the radio, you will need to remove (or replace with a different) coupling capacitor on the transverter port of the DEMI.  The instructions on how to setup the transverter for different power levels are in the DEMI docs.   If you are setup for 5W (+37dBm), then your output from the transverter will be 30dB below the rated output.  So if you are using a 7W transverter, it is going to put out 7mW which is likely not enough to hit your local repeater...

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.