6700 running smartsdr 1.1.3 hard of hearing at times..

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • In Progress
I had opened this topic for smarsdr 1.1.0, and it still present in 1.1.3; 
The problem: I start up in wsjt mode on 10m. Sigs are down around -108, I operate for an hour making contacts and then notice the band seems to be dying.. but it isnt, the floor is now up at -88..

close smartsdr, reboot radio; start smartsdr.
Floor now -108 and band has plenty of signals..

operating env:  win7 x64 w/dxlabs, jt65/jtalert
Photo of NM1W

NM1W

• 136 Posts
  • 24 Reply Likes

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Ned K1NJ

Ned K1NJ

• 319 Posts
  • 83 Reply Likes
Similar, but very infrequent, problem with 6500.  Cycling MOX or TUNE clears it for me.
Have not had to reboot.  If this were an old-tech radio, I'd guess the ground side
of an antenna relay was intermittently stuck open.

Photo of ai6re

ai6re

• 108 Posts
  • 20 Reply Likes

I have this problem with my 6500 in the middle of a qso the radio goes deaf and several clicks of ptt or mox will restore the receive signals. It sounds and acts like the antenna does not switch back to receive. SWR shows perfect and transmit remains good.
Photo of Dave-N9CHM

Dave-N9CHM

• 64 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes
Same here with my 6500, a few clicks with the PTT and the signals come back (happens mainly on 75M, at least for me). It's a known problem, I assume it will be fixed sometime in a future update.
Photo of NM1W

NM1W

• 136 Posts
  • 24 Reply Likes
Tks Ned; I've tried both of those and neither gets it back..
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9197 Posts
  • 3557 Reply Likes
Official Response
I have converted this topic to a support HelpDesk ticket (http://helpdesk.flexradio.com) for expedited issue resolution.  If anyone else is experiencing an issue similar to this one, please submit a HelpDesk support ticket for issue resolution.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.