Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6700 running sdr 1.1.0 hard of hearing at times..

NM1W
NM1W Member ✭✭
edited February 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Since upgrading to V1.1.0 I've noticed I can boot up and hear a few signals; Since I typicaly startup and check jt65 I will hear a rtty station but only 1-2 jt65's and dont hear on the audio a lot of tones.. On a reboot of the 6700 the audio levels are back and I hear the typical large assortment of stations..  I've tried also restarting smartsdr but that never gets me the audio back to 'normal' levels..
running win7 x64 w/dxlabs, jt65/jtalert

Comments

• John Molenda
    John Molenda Member
    edited March 2014
    sometimes with just one panadapter and slice the signals will seem low and few after some movement around the screen with my mouse the signal will jump back and repopulate the screen with much greater strength .  has only happened 2 or 3 times since the up grade .  John kb2huk
  • rfoust
    rfoust Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    I've seen the low audio issue as well, seems to resolve itself if I just delete the slice receiver and add it back.  Not sure if this is the same issue you're seeing or not.  I should note that this is audio through DAX, I rarely listen to audio straight off of the radio.
  • Gary Robertson - KY5R
    Gary Robertson - KY5R Member ✭✭
    edited February 2020
    I have had similar issues with low audio on a single RX slice in a single panadapter (regular audio, not DAX). This most often occurs when I change bands. In addition to low audio, I have discovered that I cannot use the Tune function on the new band with that slice. When I click Tune, nothing happens. The ONLY solution is to close the slice and reopen a "new" slice in that band's panadapter. Once a new slice is opened, everything works as it should. This low audio and inability to use the Tune function on a particular RX slice occurs at least half of the time when I change bands. 
  • NM1W
    NM1W Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Here is an example that just happened: I start off the morning on 10m and the panadapter shows the baseline around -72..  signals are poor; I'm listening to the audio out from the rcvr into speakers as well as dax into jt65.. Not hearing much..

I shutdown smartsdr, reboot the 6700 and now the baseline on 10m is -104 and there are a lot more signals.

Propr to the reboot I did try deleting the rx slices, moving the mouse, scrolling around the band, nothing seem to get things back other than the reboot..

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    This issue will be addressed in SmartSDR v1.2

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.