Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6700 rear panel layout

K1UO Larry
K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
edited December 2017 in SmartSDR for Windows
Anyone got a link to a good printable (8 X 10) picture of the 6700 rear panel? Makes it handy when reaching behind the rig to plug/unplug cables without having to fully remove the radio to read the back panel.

Answers

• Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited February 2017
    Does this work OK? ==== NOTE the positions of the RCA connections are likely to be different on your radio so do not rely on this picture for the locations of the RCA connections. Rather, check the back of your radio. Steve
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Thanks Steve..... Once my Granddaughter manipulated the image for me the way I wanted.. this will work just fine! [ By 'manipulated' I mean she expanded the pic to a larger size and printed it Landscape] She loves it when I give her these little 'puter' chores.
  • Marv
    Marv Member
    edited December 2017
    Either I have an off-breed 6500, or the picture you show is not correct. This got me into trouble when I first recieved my 6500. This one you show was in the original brochure at Dyaton 2012. Mine has the red RCA jacks in the upper row L-R marked 10 Mhz Output, TX1, TX2, TX3. The lower White row is REM ON, ALC, TXREQ, PTT L-R. This is looking down from above at the rear panel. Tell me if I am wrong! Marv W0ZK
  • Steve-N5AC
    Steve-N5AC Community Manager admin
    edited December 2016
    Marv, you are totally correct. I had forgotten that we changed the position of several of the RCA connections after we made that brochure. I do not have an updated picture of the back panel and of course what is printed on your back panel is correct. Sorry for the confusion.
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Thanks Marv for bringing that up.... The RCA jacks are exactly as you mentioned....guess I need a new picture to refrence... I didnt want to have to haul the rig completely out to be able to read the jack labelling.. just enough to connect cables and locate connectors by referring to the pic. I suppose there is always a dental mirror .. OR..I could wait for the operating manual ;-)
  • Robert -- N5IKD
    Robert -- N5IKD Member ✭✭
    edited March 2015
    I use a mirror and flashlight.
  • Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    I think the image in the F6000 Quick Start guide has the correct placment of the red/white jacks. http://support.flex-radio.com/Downloads.aspx?id=420 AL, K0VM
  • K1UO Larry
    K1UO Larry Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Thanks Al, that copy came out really well on a landscaped 8 1/2 X11 sheet. If anyone wants a copy I can email the MS Word 2010 file.
  • Dale KB5VE
    Dale KB5VE Member ✭✭
    edited April 2014
    I would like one. dhankins@comcast.net

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.