6700 on a Mac?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
I'm thinking of coming back to Flex ( I had the 2nd 1000 in Australia and a 3000 ), but these days all my computing is exclusively on macs. I can run win7 under parallels but prefer not to if poss.
So how long do I have to wait to experience a 6700 on my Mac ?
The cash is sitting there waiting :)
Cheers Keith
Photo of Keith Bainbridge

Keith Bainbridge

• 1 Post
  • 0 Reply Likes

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9130 Posts
  • 3454 Reply Likes
Official Response
Keith - There is not a native OS X application for the FLEX-6000, however you can run SmartSDR for Windows under Parallels today. There are may people doing it and there are several posts on the community describing the best CPU and memory configuration for it to run optimally since it is graphics intensive.

Alan - we do not comment or speculate on future products before they are ready for alpha / beta testing. We specifically engineered the FLEX-6000 to be client operating system agnostic so that we and others could easily write client software for other operating systems. Good things are coming. It is just going to take a little time as writing a new radio hardware "operating system" from scratch is not an easy or trivial thing to do, but the long term benefits of doing it will pay dividends in spades.