Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6700 won't bootup

Marvin
Marvin Member
6700 has latest software installed.  It has been working until today.  Now it won't power up.  The internal 30 fuse is good.  Any ideas what has happened?

Answers

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    Check and make sure the case fans are coming on. What have you tried so far?
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Have you tried a reboot? Hold the OK button down while depressing the "ON" botton at the same time?
  • Marvin
    Marvin Member
    edited August 2017
    Yes.  That does nothing.  Still won't boot.
  • Marvin
    Marvin Member
    edited August 2017
    When power is applied to rear jack nothing happens.  Remote is turned on in the settings and normally just applying power causes it to boot.

The fan is not running.

• Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited July 2019
    You're certain there is power at the PS and at the end of the power cord? I think with these radios if it's not external or the fuse then the next step is the help desk.

I never knew just applying power causes the rig to boot when remote is on. I always have to press that button. Are you using some sort external control to power up the rig for remote use? Can you isolate that for testing?

Good luck and 73,
    Kev K4VD
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Are you sure that you are getting 13.8 VDC to the input of the radio? I have had the rear power connector on my radio slip loose once when I thought it was properly connected.
  • Marvin
    Marvin Member
    edited August 2017
    Yes.  I measured 13.6 volts.
  • Marvin
    Marvin Member
    edited August 2017
    Does the fan normally come on when the unit boots or will the fans come on by just applying power to the rear jack?
  • Marvin
    Marvin Member
    edited August 2017
    You have to have the remote jack jumped and the remote setting on.
  • WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    you don't by chance have the (Remote ON) in the settings window for remote power switching enabled do you?
    if you think you might short the inside connector on the RCA jack marked Remote power on the back of the radio and see if the radios starts to power up.

73's
    Bret
    WX7Y

• K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    When I apply power to me 6300 (maybe same for the other models) the power button flashes green once. Are you seeing that? Maybe if it is not is an indication of something.
  • Paul - K6HR
    Paul - K6HR Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    I had a similar problem once. The power supply showed 13.8v but did not deliver enough current to run the Flex. Have you tried a different power supply?
  • Marvin
    Marvin Member
    edited August 2017

Yes the remote setting is on and a shorted RCA plug is in the remote jack.  It does not boot when power is applied.
  • Marvin
    Marvin Member
    edited August 2017
    Neither the green light or the screen do anything.
  • Dan -- KC4GO
    Dan -- KC4GO Member
    edited March 2018
    Looks like you have had all the advice the community can give I suggest a Help Desk call first thing Monday.  Good Luck.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    Are there any signs of power at all? lights?
  • Marvin
    Marvin Member
    edited August 2017
    No lights and no fan. Does not respond to OK hold plus power on button. See power at radio side of fuse.image
  • Bill W2PKY
    Bill W2PKY Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Any chance there is a smaller fuse somewhere for the low level electronics?
  • Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited August 2017
    Oops. Misread.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited August 2017
    Marvin's radio is going to require service and he has already be issued an RMA to facilitate the repair.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited August 2017
    Bill, there is a smaller fuse protecting the TRX board, but if it is blown and the main fuse is not, then we need to get the radio in for service to determine why it blew rather than risking possible damage. 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.