Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6700 wireless connectivity?

James Madden
James Madden Member
edited August 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
6700 wireless network capability: i'm setting up a new ham shack it has wireless connectivity. does the 6700 connect to that or does it need a wired connection?

Answers

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Wired only. Although you CAN use a wireless access point to bring a wi-fi connection to the rig. Strongly recommend cables for your rig and computer.

• John - AI4FR
    John - AI4FR Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    It needs a wired connection. I think when the Flex first came out they were not sure if they could produce a rig with both types of transmissions(HF and WIFI). Later on they learned that they could in fact LEGALLY do so. The next generation of Flex could be quite interesting. A workaround is to use a wireless extender connected to your wifi and simply plug the flex into that.
  • Jim Gilliam
    Jim Gilliam Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019

I operate my Surface Pro all over the house. I get green on the throughput when I am operating the WiFi on 5Gz. Sometimes it falls into yellow on 2.4 GHz. I get faster throughput when the Surface is connected to my router or router switch, but notice no degradation in performance over all when operating over the WiFi LAN. Also run two instances of SmartSDR so I can simultaneously operate my remote radio in Big Bear or the local Pasadena radio. It is fun to have geographic diversity. Also do this both wirelessly and connected.

Jim, K6QE
  • James Madden
    James Madden Member
    edited August 2019
    thanks everyone. I've ordered a wireless access point
  • bahillen
    bahillen Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    5 GHz is a must have. The WiFi in computer can have poor antennas so a USB plug in WiFi works much better.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.