Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6700 when operating 2m seems to be 600khz low in frequency - needs separate calibration?

Norm - W7CK
Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
edited February 2018 in SmartSDR for Windows
I calibrated my 6700 using the Radio Setup, Receive, Frequency Offset calibration routine.  This works great for HF.   The problem is when I'm on 2m where the receiver seems to be about 600khz low in frequency.

Anyone else notice this?   Is there or will there be a way to calibrate 2 meters separate from HF?

Answers

• Stan VA7NF
    Stan VA7NF Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    That sounds like you have repeater mode on as 600Khz is the nominal offset.  Check if in Simplex or Repeater +/-.  When "REV" is also on the RX will jump the 600Khz
  • Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Sorry.  I meant 600 Hz.   Its not off by much but it is off a bit and noticeable when on digital modes.
  • K1FR
    K1FR Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Norm:  Have noticed the same here.  Think we are lucky now to have rigs with such accurate and stable frequency readouts we can tell when repeaters are off freq.  I am guessing some of the local repeater are off.  Betting on the Flex here!  :)

73, Tom
    K1FR

• Norm - W7CK
    Norm - W7CK Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    I'll bet your right. It does seem most stations are just about 600 hz higher than what they should be.  If it was any other radio, I most likely would have never noticed. hihi.  Oh well, please disregard!!!!

Norm
  • Bob Brown - N8OB
    edited February 2018
    It is  interesting to check it out.  I am part of the FMT group and do check frequencies at various times.  I noticed that using the frequency offset feature on my Flex 6300, that is wasn't correct.  On my radio, I had to change the offset to +660 to get it to be on frequency.  It is not much, but it makes me feel better if I am going to use the radio in a Frequency Measuring Test.  My readings on HF are usually less than .5 Hz off (point 5 Hz). Most of us don't need that kind of accuracy, but it is nice to know for the digital modes.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.