Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6700 VHF to A or B SCU ???

Marc Lalonde
Marc Lalonde Member ✭✭
Hi  just start playing whit my 6700  and hit a wall   ,let me explain 

i listen some rag-chew on 80m  and follow net on VHF D-Star  all work nicely ... (SCU0 to HF ,SCU1  VHF or something like that )

but if try to open another VHF slice  i lost the HF   all 3 slice go to VHF ? just like if both SCU was now used for VHF ?? whit heavy HF attenuation due to filter  
why it not try to reuse the already "VHF" SCU and leave HF one alone ? 

and how i may control witch one of SCU was used for VHF slice ?

Answers

• Simon Lewis
    Simon Lewis Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    ahh it arrived then :)
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    How are you opening another VFO slice?
  • Marc Lalonde
    Marc Lalonde Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    think it have only one way ?  whit button on extreme bottom left  whit kind of wave whit +
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    So you are creating a new panadapter which by default creates a new slice rather than adding a slice to an existing panadapter.  I understand now.

First, make sure you are running the latest SmartSDR software (1.5.1) since we addressed a few of these issue in some later versions.  

What I suspect has happened is that the third panadapter has persistence associated with it that forces the antenna on the HF (80m) panadapter to be associated with the a Nyquist zone in the VHF range.  

I would clear your band persistence.  Here is how to do this.
    1. Open the Profiles->Import/Export Profiles..
    2. Export your profile data but do not select Preferences
    3. Shut down SmartSDR and power off the radio
    4. Press and hold the OK button while momentarily pressing the power button to turn on the radio
    5. Release the OK button when the lower LED turns white
    6. Allow the radio to start up normally.
    7. Import the profile from the export done in step 2.  The file will be on your desktop.
    Now you have a default persistence database in your radio.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.