Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6700/RTTY/HRD DM780 Transmission does not line up with tuning lines

Options
Rich - N5ZC
Rich - N5ZC Member ✭✭
I'm in a round room looking for a corner.

I have my 6700 communicating with HRD and DM780.  I have my tones/marks set as follows:

SDR/DSP: 2125/170
DM780: 2125/170

However, when I transmit the signals appear to be 700 hz give or take higher in frequency than the tuning lines per the SDR display.  If I adjust the DM780 tones up say 2170/170 things start lining up.

Should the tones/marks line up if both programs are setup with the same tones/marks?

What I am I missing?

Rich - N5ZC

Answers

• Duane_AC5AA
    Duane_AC5AA Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Options
    OK, this is probably completely off-base, but is your CW offset set to 700 Hz also? If so, there *may* be some correlation.
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Set your center frequency marker to 2210 like this:
    Then press the C button:
    and it will center on your RTTY lines.

You'll also find info about RTTY here:
    https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/setting-up-ham-radio-deluxe-with-smartsdr-tutorial

Alex - DH2ID

• Rich - N5ZC
    Rich - N5ZC Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Thanks for the help Alex.

I was able to change the center mark using the arrows on either side of the center mark.

Which version of DM780 are you using.  I could not find where to enable the center frequency marker.

I'm still a bit curious why we need change the center mark in order to get the transmission lined up with the tuning lines.

Rich - N5ZC
  • Rich - N5ZC
    Rich - N5ZC Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Alex,

Never mind found it, it was under the waterfall tab.

Rich - N5ZC
  • DH2ID
    DH2ID Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Yah! These tabs are sometimes difficult to find :-)
    Good luck with RTTY, Alex - DH2ID

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.