6700 panel label

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
My 6700 panel label says "HF/50MHZ" but it works on 144...... Why doesn't the panel reflect this??
Photo of AH0U

AH0U

• 295 Posts
  • 35 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of K6OZY

K6OZY, Elmer

• 540 Posts
  • 210 Reply Likes
The front label is not dynamic.  You can edit it via the Radio Setup pane.
Photo of G8ZPX

G8ZPX

• 196 Posts
  • 110 Reply Likes
so do you have to upgrade the 6700 to get VHF, or does it come that way?   Either the spec is variable or the label is simply wrong.
Photo of AH0U

AH0U

• 295 Posts
  • 35 Reply Likes
It's painted on there is no changing it
Photo of KF4HR

KF4HR

• 615 Posts
  • 188 Reply Likes
Elmer - AH0U may be referring to the labeling on the 6700's case (above the power button).

(Edited)
Photo of AH0U

AH0U

• 295 Posts
  • 35 Reply Likes
That is correct
Photo of Jay / NO5J

Jay / NO5J

• 1633 Posts
  • 245 Reply Likes
Elmer's name is Chris. But it's supposed to be a secret, a lot like the top secret 2m abilities of the 6700. He's also been known to answer to ozy. He has been known to act as an Elmer with many of us as we learn the Flexradio ropes.

Secrets aren't secrets unless we keep them secret.

73, Jay - NO5J 
Photo of George Molnar, KF2T

George Molnar, KF2T, Elmer

• 1618 Posts
  • 582 Reply Likes
I'd suspect that it reflects the "full power" range. While the 6700 reaches 2m, it's not at its best without add-on gear (amplifier, transverter, etc).
Photo of Jay / NO5J

Jay / NO5J

• 1633 Posts
  • 245 Reply Likes
Elmer is just a label, a well deserved label, that gets applied to the posts of those that do the most elmering. There are many elmers that aren't getting the label though.

Does no harm to treat the unlabeled elmers any differently than the labeled ones.

So be sure to thank all of them. It's about all the compensation that any of them get.

Thank's Elmers

73, Jay - NO5J 
(Edited)
Photo of K6OZY

K6OZY, Elmer

• 540 Posts
  • 210 Reply Likes
The 6700 is only transverter drive levels out of the XVTR port for 2M.  You must attach an amp if you want higher power levels.  I use the WONDERFUL amplifier from DEMI.  The 6700 can RX 2M on any port.

http://www.downeastmicrowave.com/product-p/2mldpa.htm
(Edited)
Photo of KF4HR

KF4HR

• 615 Posts
  • 188 Reply Likes
AH0U - I'll venture a guess and say that FRS uses the same top case for both the 6500 and 6700.  It probably wasn't cost effective for them to have a separate top case with additional 2M labeling for the 6700.
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9153 Posts
  • 3503 Reply Likes
Official Response
As it is stated, the 6700 is a HF/6m TRANSCEIVER and essentially a 2m receiver.  The PA only covers HF/6m
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.