Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6700 Owner ready to trade up

Options
ka7gzr
ka7gzr Member ✭✭
edited January 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series

I own a 6700 and I am ready for the next iteration of hardware. Mr. Flex, please give us a path for trading up! :)

Jim

ka7gzr

Answers

• Mark Griffin
    Mark Griffin Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Perhaps a Flexradio with a built in PC with all the programs and software that actually works without the issues. I remember when flexradio came out with the 5000 and then a 5000 with a built in computer. That certainly didn't last very long at all. Mark Griffin, KB3Z
  • Martin AA6E
    Martin AA6E Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Options
    The upgrade to the 6700 is two 6700s!  And you get 16 panadapters!

@Mark: I think the built-in PC for the 5000 was not a great story.  It was a nice package, but PCs and PC operating systems go obsolete much faster than ham hardware, and Flex can't compete well with HP or Asus. (Last I checked, the 5000-C is locked into Windows XP forever.)

The Maestro is a different proposition, because knobs!  And, you can throw it away (or upgrade it) every couple of years without touching the big black box.
  • Walt
    Walt Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017
    Options
    KF4HR

Big triple-thumbs-up for that observation !

Cheers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    Options
    We did.  It is very expensive to bring a new radio to market.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    No, not going back words Mark!
  • Burt Fisher
    Burt Fisher Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I don't know how you make money on the 6300
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Tim - My hat is off to you and the rest of Flex team.  I'm thoroughly enjoying my 6700.

Butch - KF4HR
  • Andrew Holman2
    Andrew Holman2 Member ✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I am glad to have a 6300. The radio is amazing and at a great price point. 
  • Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Jim, if you want to send me a deposit, I'll hold it for you to make sure you get the next best thing after the 6700.  I'd say $20k or so should ensure you get the next best thing.  I'll just keep it safe for you invested in silicon and other materials in the form of a few radios to ensure it doesn't lose value!  When you are ready I'll send it back +/- some interest depending upon the market!

What say you!?  Need my paypal address!?   :-)
  • ka7gzr
    ka7gzr Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Wow Mark how can I pass on deal like that.? I especially like the silicon investment scheme. I will forward the deposit as soon I get my returns from the Bolivian General I'm helping out.. Jim
  • Burt Fisher
    Burt Fisher Member ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Options

The K1OIK testing program:

1. You send me your rig for one year

2. For no fee I will send you my log of all contacts made with true reports.

3. I will calibrate its frequency to a Heathkit VF-1 VFO

4. I will test the cooling my keeping the key down for 24 hours.

5. I will test its resistance to ESD by rubbing the components on my rug.

6. I will test its resistance to corrosion by putting it in Cape Cod Bay.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.