Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6700/N1MM No Audio coming from DVK to 6700

Options
Chuck
Chuck Member ✭✭
edited February 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I am trying to set up DVK with N1MM and 6700.  I have a CAT port set up and have Logger+ Playback set to "DAX Audio TX" and "Internal Radio Codec" is checked. On the Config line for the 6700, I have checked "PTT via radio command SSB mode" (That way I can leave "Transmit from DAX" off on the control panel so I can use VOX when no message is sending.)  I have set up 16 bit 11025 Hz mono messages in the correct location and names.  When I push the F key, DAX TX lights, the rig goes into transmit for the appropriate message length, but no audio goes out. One clue: on the 6700 P/CW control panel the audio in selection has "PC disabled"  Many frustrating hours searching. What am I missing? (I am a newbie to Flex and N1MM, so any suggestion will sound brilliant to me!) Chuck, W5PR

Answers

• Mike va3mw
    Mike va3mw Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Hi Chuck

Make sure you have DAX set as a DX input on SmartSDR.  It is the same as you do for Digital Modes.

3 things have to happen to send PC audio to the radio.
    • DAX Audio TX picked in the application
    • In DAX, Make sure that the TX button is pushed and is Blue.  It will then say Streaming underneath it
    • In SmartSDR on the right side, the P/CW Tab, make sure DAX is selected.  This is the button that accepts audio from the DAX TX Audio Stream.This is likely the one you missed.
    It sounds like you are most of the way there.

Mike
  • Chuck
    Chuck Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Thanks, Michael.  I printed your suggestions this morning and went out to the radio shack to check my settings. I turned on Smart SDR, Cat and DAX and the 6700. I pressed an F key and it worked fine!  Computers will, be the death of me! After the CQ 160 contest this weekend, I will attempt to make a list of all the settings for myself and anyone else who might have a problem.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.