Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6700 & N1MM 200 hertz shift

AC9S
AC9S Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows
I am a relative newbe to RTTY.  I am using the 6700 & N1MM in the CQ WPX RTTY contest today.  In the middle of a run on 40 one relatively persistent person repeatedly broke in to tell me my shift was 200 HZ instead of the standard 170.  Where do I change the shift in this radio software combination?  The breaker told me it was difficult to copy me with the non-standard shift.  On receive the filter peaks exactly match the signals and copy seems perfect, although in my low level of rtty experience I could be missing something.  By the way, I am using the Maestro - perfect combination - at least I thought.

Keith - AC9S

Answers

• k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020

The RTTY shift settings is in the DSP menu. 

GL in the test

• k3Tim
    k3Tim Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    This sets the receiver filters in the 6x00 but the transmit tones come from the third party application being used. 

Which program are you using?

Tim

• Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Yes. MMTTY, 2tone, FLDigi, and others all have tx or "modem" configuration tabs that let you set the shift, or the mark & space frequencies independently. They are often separate from the shift settings in the receive part of the programs. The settings in SSDR help the rig set the filters, as Tim said, and also help make sure that click-tune and dx spots & contest software will place you rig on the correct frequency with the correct shift offset.
  • Kevin
    Kevin Member
    edited February 2017
    The DI-1 RTTY Mode window has a HAM button. I understood that this button reset shift to the standard 170 Hz. 
    HAM (MMTTY only) - Restore the MMTTY frequency and shift settings to the HAM default
    I'm sure there's similar for 2Tone or any other app.
  • AC9S
    AC9S Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    Thanks Guys - I am using MMTTY at this point.  I have set the shift on the modem tab, but it doesn't seem to persist.  Also - when I set the shift to 170 it varies during receive and ultimately settles on 200Hz.  Clicking on "HAM" appears to set shift to 170, but again it doesn't persist.  I think this is related to N1MM.  I just brought up MMTTY by itself and the shift was originally set to 170 and didn't change.

Keith - AC9S

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.