6700 incredible receiver

• Praise
  • Updated 8 months ago
I recently made a very simple mod to my Hustler 6BTV vertical to add 160 meters. Took only about 20 minutes to do and an old piece of radial wire. This antenna is not designed for 160 but I saw an old video on how to do it. The author of the video reported very limited success but of course he wasn't using a Flex 6700. 

After just 10 days of using the mod and running less than 300 watts from my QTH in upstate NY I worked and confirmed in LOTW all 50 states  . I have WAS on a number of different bands but never did I achieve one in such short a time and on such a difficult band. This was only possible because of the incredible receiver on the 6700. I was hearing and working stations - including VK's and the XR0YD DXpedition - that others simply could not hear.

I've had a few concerns about my Flex since purchasing it a year ago including my recent discussion regarding limited IQ channels but overall it is the best rig I've ever operated and will most likely be the brand I'll remain with for the long haul.
Photo of Pat N6PAT

Pat N6PAT

• 259 Posts
  • 57 Reply Likes

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of Lou Dietrich

Lou Dietrich

• 59 Posts
  • 29 Reply Likes
Congrats on your 160 WAS! Quite an achievement for sure. You have the best of the best (6700)...

Lou N2TU