6700 hanging on transmit

• Problem
  • Updated 6 months ago
My 6700 hung on transmit during the ARRL 160 Meter contest.  The T/R relay was obviously in transmit, the front panel light was lit red, but thankfully there was no RF output.  I was using N1MM+ in Win 7 and the latest version 3 software.  Prior to the hang it appeared the return to receive was getting slower - slower, but not totally obnoxious until the hang.  I killed N1MM to no avail and had to power the 6700 down.  It worked for the remaining couple of hours once I brought it back up.  The 6700 was only running about 20 watts driving a KPA500. SWR to the amp looked perfect.

Any thoughts?

Keith - AC9S
Photo of AC9S

AC9S

• 151 Posts
  • 41 Reply Likes

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of Lasse Moell

Lasse Moell

• 186 Posts
  • 32 Reply Likes
Were you using  the built-in winkey along with N1MM and using both for sending? If so this is a "known" issue, when you use the paddel to send some extra chars this may confuse the radio, not knowing who is sending. I found tapping on the paddle or sending a char on the N1MM CW keyboard would "release" the transmitter.
Photo of AC9S

AC9S

• 151 Posts
  • 41 Reply Likes
Thanks Lasse,  I did hit the external paddle - which is attached to an external keyer, but I did not try a char on the N1MM keyboard.  I don't think I even know where this is - I'll find it for the next time.

Keith - AC9S