Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6700 control DX Solutions Smart Switch

AH0U
AH0U Member ✭✭
edited April 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series

I have hit the wall on my computer literacy. For years I have used the Smart Switch 8 on my Icom and now with the 6700 I cant figure how to configure the DDUtil so it sees the band date Using Windows 7 64 bit...any help??

tnx, Bruce AH0U

Answers

• Dudley-WA5QPZ
    Dudley-WA5QPZ Inactive Employee
    edited March 2018
    I am not familiar with SmartSwitch,  but is DDUtil showing the frequency and temperature of the radio?   In otherwords is DDUtil connected to your radio.. ?   You need to be running the latest version of DDUtil too with 1.6.21 version of SmartSDR .. 

Dudley
  • AH0U
    AH0U Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018

Yes it shows the temp. and the voltage. Never have seen the freq. any place.... I just cant find the bnd data or how to connect it to the Smart Switch... There must be others out there w ho automatically switch their antennas when they change bands on the 6700...

Tnx, bc

• Steve - K5FR
    Steve - K5FR Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Bruce, I'm not familiar with that hardware, but it if you can send me a manual or a link to it I may be able to advise you if it can be connected to the radio or to DDUtil.
  • Glenn
    Glenn Member ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Whew!   I thought is was just me trying to figure out how to talk to DX Solution's Smart Antenna Switches (SAS-6's).   I gave up and bought the 4O3A Antenna Genius for antenna switching.   I have the SAS-6 manual digitized.  I'm on the road and will be home sometime Wednesday.    Anyone can email me off line and I will send a copy.    If anyone needs an SAS-6, I have about a dozen for sale.   They are programmable to work with any brand of radio.....except Flex, I guess.   They were sure slick with my legacy radios!!!

Glenn W0GJ
  • AH0U
    AH0U Member ✭✭
    edited April 2016

I have asked W0GJ to email a copy which I will forward to you..

tnx, bc

• AH0U
    AH0U Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018

Can  you please email me a copy of the manual...I tried your QRZ email address but it bounced back so asking here.

AH0U@ARRL.net

• W9OY
    W9OY Member ✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Glenn  What radio data drives the smart switch?  Like Yaesu BCD?

73  W9OY
  • Richard Gallo
    Richard Gallo Member
    edited November 2017
    n i get a copy of the manual  for dx solutions SAS6.I could not find an email for you.
    maxwellmr@verizon.net      W1DAG

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.