Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6700 - Cannot complete Calibration - Goes into Timeout

Jerry NY2KW
Jerry NY2KW Member ✭✭
My 6700 is 8 months old and has been used less than 20 hours.  Recently upgraded to latest firmware on radio and Maestro.  Both were working fine earlier today, then this evening would not complete calibration - ending with Timeout.  I did a factory reset and same results.  Doesn't matter if Maestro is on or off... never gets past calibration.  I have opened a ticket but was surprised to see no information on the forum what this could mean.

Answers

• Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Hi Jerry,

I think the help ticket is your only resort now. Sounds like a hardware issue. 

Ria

• Clay N9IO
    Clay N9IO Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Jerry, Not saying this is your issue but the following link is the first thing that came up under your post. Should likely start a help ticket. https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/6700-timeout-2017
  • Jerry NY2KW
    Jerry NY2KW Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    From what I read, it sounded like a hardware issue but was hoping there was some explanation of what's wrong, how it may have happened, etc.  As I said this 6700 has been on the air for less than 20 hours !
  • Tom
    Tom Member ✭✭
    edited April 2020
    Old Flex radios ( 1500, 3000 and 5000) required calibration only once, during installation while series 6000 radios perform calibration each time during switch on. Can someone from Flex explain the difference and what actually happens during start up calibration of series 6000 radios? Why all calibration values are not stored after first SSDR installation?

Tom, SP7WT
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2017
    Yes.  The original FLEX series radios had only one CPU.  The FLEX-6000s have multiple CPUs and when the system boots it has to perform a series of initialization procedures to ensure the subsystems are communicating with one another.  Part of that is ensuring the correct timing.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2017
    Jerry,  This is a hardware related issue.  I see you have created a HelpDesk ticket, which was the correct thing to do.  We'll get your issue resolved in the shortest time possible.
  • Jerry NY2KW
    Jerry NY2KW Member ✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Tim,  After leaving the 6700 disconnected from power overnight, this morning it went through calibration and seems to be fine.  I powered off and back on again and it seems fine.  Are there any diagnostics I can run to help figure out why the intermittent Timeout occurred?  Can you give us some insight as to what hardware issues may be causing the problem?
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2017
    Since you have an open HelpDesk ticket, please provide all communications and updates regarding your issue through the HelpDesk and not the Community.  We need to keep all communications in one place in order to provide the most effective way to resolve your issue.  Thank you.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.