Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6700: Assigning TX1 and TX2 to different Slices?

Rich - N5ZC
Rich - N5ZC Member ✭✭
edited March 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Are there any plans to having the ability to assign TX1, TX2 and/or TX3 to different slices?  I purchased the 6700 for SO2R and would like the ability to key one  amp at a time. The way it is now both amps would be keyed while one is actually receiving RF.

Or is there a different way to control two amps?

Thanks in advance.

Rich - N5ZC

Answers

• Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Rich it is a great idea!
  • Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Rich, Here is an excerpt from the Profiles manual. Yes it's possible and I run SO2R here on separate T/R antennas and 1.5 Kw amps. Transmit profiles are also linked to a TX Antenna. This means that when the transmit slice changes TX Antenna, the Transmit profile linked to that mode antenna will be loaded. To link a Transmit profile to a TX Antenna, set the transmit slice to the TX Antenna you wish to link. Then load or save a Transmit profile. From then on, whenever the transmit slice TX ANT is changed to the antenna you selected, the linked Transmit profile will be loaded. For example: 1. Slice A is the transmit slice. TX ANT is ANT1 2. Slice B is NOT the transmit slice. TX ANT is ANT2 3. Load SO2R_TX1 Transmit profile. (This Transmit profile is now linked to ANT1) 4. Set Slice B as the transmit slice. 5. Load SO2R_TX2 Transmit profile. (This Transmit profile is now linked to ANT2) 6. Set Slice A as the transmit slice. (This loads the SO2R_TX1 Transmit profile) 7. Change Slice A TX ANT to ANT2. (This loads the SO2R_TX2 Transmit profile)
  • Rich - N5ZC
    Rich - N5ZC Member ✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Thanks Mack, I'll look at this today.

Rich - N5ZC
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    I have asked for this before. It will make using Demi transverters for Full Duplex SAT work viable without the need of external switching.
  • Neal_K3NC
    Neal_K3NC Member ✭✭
    edited April 2016
    Thats great Mack, I haven't played around with profiles enough to know that much about them! Guess its time for me to get some profile experience.
  • Mack
    Mack Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2016
    I strongly recommend everyone read the profiles user guide. It's now a cinch to operate SO2R including with N1MM+ and WriteLog. If you use N1MM+ I recommend reading the Flex setup guide.
  • WK1O
    WK1O Member ✭✭
    I followed Mack's instructions and just could not get TX1 and TX2 to work separately. The SO2R_TX1 loads for slice A and SO2R_TX2 loads for slice B. I red the profile manual. I am probably to dumb for this. Anything that I might be missing as a new user of Flex6600? I just need TX1 to work with ANT1 and TX2 to work with ANT2 to key two separate amps
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

@wk1o I would suggest you open a support ticket and we can help you out via that route.

• EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭

Profiles are broken, have been for a long time. Even if you save a profile once you use it if you make any change it will auto-save and your restrictions are not there anymore. Try it. Setup a power limit for a specific band. Then go to that band and manually change the power and the limit you wrote in the profile changes.... crazy.

• KM4CQG
    KM4CQG Member ✭✭
    edited November 2022

Profiles work just fine and I use a 6700 in SO2R and have a PGXL with antenna genius both transmitters 1 & 2 utilized with the PGXL no issues.

u need to create multiple profiles for various Slices.

• pa1t
    pa1t Member
    Pse go to tx band tx profile and check tx1 and tx2. Connect amps to tx 1 and tx 2 on back side of 6600.Hope it helps.
    73 Timon PA1T

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.