6700 and 6500 on the same network

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered

I now have the 6700 operating on 192.168.1.9 and the 6500 on 192.168.1.8 both on the same network  on the same router but on 2 different computers.

My problem is that if I set up for example fldigi on the 6500 on 192.168.1.8 , fldigi picks up the frequency from the 6700 on .9, To check this changing bands on the 6700 , (which has a multiband antenna attached) Fldigi on the 6500 follws and gives the frequency of the 6700.

This is not what I wanted !! I would have thought that with different numbers the 2 radios should be independent, or am I wrong. But regardless is there a way that Fldigi and other programs don't pick up data from the other, (apart from turning one off)..

Regards to all

Ross ZL1WN

ps: I am sorry for all the emails, but getting the 6700 operating has been more difficult than the 6500.

Photo of Ross Biggar

Ross Biggar

• 123 Posts
  • 2 Reply Likes

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9148 Posts
  • 3466 Reply Likes
Official Response
Ross - if you are running multiple radios on the same network, you need to use a filter file to prevent the non-GUI FlexLib applications (CAT, DAX) from connecting to a radio you are not using on a particular PC.

The file is a simple text file called "filter.txt" and it is located in %APPDATA%\FlexRadio Systems folder.

All you do is place the serial number of the radio you want to dedicated to that PC in the file and all other radio connections will be prohibited.