Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6700 & 2MLDPA on 2m xmitting +400 on USB

Mike VE3CKO
Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
edited January 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Was excited when I got my 2MLDPA but discovered the 6700 TX frequency is not the same as RX, I must set my XIT +300 to +400 to be on same frequency as RX. Other stations I usually chat with on 144-190 SSB with my 5000A VUK told me how off my TX was and I have also confirmed this with my 5000A which is pretty much dead on.  I am using the new SmartSDR v1.10.8 (BTW great job) on 2m SSB on my 6700 without GPSDO.

Calibrated HF to WWV 15mHz but the manual says "When running the frequency calibration, the radio uses Slice A and ANT-1 regardless of the radio’s slice/antenna configuration."  So looks like it ignores the XVTR so how does one calibrate 2m on the 6700?

It is a pain having to manually set the XIT each time I switch to 2m as it does not save this into memory either. I've saved to memory and FYI, the Repeater Offset setting is 0 which is for FM.

Regarding the 2MLDPA it stays on all the time regardless if a 2m panadapter is open or not. I can shut it off the 2MLDPA by using the USB cables menu on my pc and changing the Type from LDPA to Bit.

Comments

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited March 2017
    This is a known defect (#3333) that is in our bug tracker.

The frequency calibration routine only works with ANT-1 and calibrates the internal 10 MHz clock.  The RF input, be it ANT-2 or XVTR port makes no difference in the frequency calibration.  If you have run the frequency calibration routine and it generated a valid offset, the 10 MHz clock has been corrected properly.  The behavior you are seeing is a software issue converting the offset for 2m.
  • Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Thanks for the quick response and glad it's a known issue which will mean there will be a fix hopefully in a soon to come release. Especially now with more 6700 users going for the DEMI 2MLDPA. Figured the calibration in current software would not do it. I had several transverters successfully working using the offset in the XVTR setup of course, so the to implement something similar to calibrate the internal 2m RX and TX on a 6700 shouldn't be reinventing the wheel. 
  • Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I am looking forward to this as well.  I had a local keep saying I was off frequency so now I know why.
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited March 2017
    Tim - Any idea when a solution for this problem will be released?
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2016
    It is company policy not to discuss or speculate on the availability of future features or bug fixes unless their release is imminent. I have no information regarding this specific issue at this time.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.