Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6700 2 meter contact

Burch - K4QXX
Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
Just got my new Flex-6700 a couple of weeks ago.  I hooked up my 2 meter beam the other day and tonight I talked to a friend of mine on 2 meter SSB with no amp.  He is 76 miles away!  Looking forward to the new Downeast Microwave amp to come out.  76 miles with 5 mW of power!  I'd like to see how far I can work when we have a good tropo opening with 5 mW of power with my large 2 meter beam.

Comments

• Lee Maisel
    Lee Maisel Member
    edited April 2016
    That's GREAT!!  Yeah, QRP on VHF is amazing!  Love these radios!

• Burch - K4QXX
    Burch - K4QXX Member ✭✭
    edited July 2018
    I am sure my M2 2M18XXX antenna had something to do with it!  It has a 36.5' boom with 18 elements at around 55' on the tower.  I love working the VHF/UHF weak signal stuff but there's just not to many hams on those bands anymore.  Too many deed restrictions and home owner's associations to deal with.
  • KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    That's even more amazing considering only a portion of your 5mw was reaching your antenna.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.