Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6600M TX Monitor Not Working when VOX enabled

When operating VOX with either the 6600M (or 6600) I notice that the TX Monitor function cannot be used.  We confirmed this on both the 6600 and 6600M, likely affects the 6400 as well.  The TX Monitor function seems to work only in conjunction with the PTT input.  Firmware 2.1.32.104  Anyone else?
Thanks!!

Answers

• K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    Just tested on my 6600M (v2.1.32).  In VOX mode,  the monitor works both from speakers as well as from the headset. One thing i did notice i did have to turn the monitor level to almost to max before hearing my voice.
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    The MON function works for me as well on my 6600 (non M) both PTT and VOX.

• K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    hey rich...

glad to hear 'goldilocks' has arrive and it working well for you now

yep...' three's  a charm"

• Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Thanks Paul !

I am loving it. Works great.

Rich

• Bill Garfield W1BG
    edited March 2018
    TX MON is still not working with VOX here.  It only works with PTT.  Upgraded to 2.1.33 last night, no change.  VOX works OK but TX MON does not.  Doesn't matter whether MON is enabled or not, no TX MON here anytime my VOX is enabled.
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Bill is this on software, M radio or both?
  • Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Bill is this on software, M radio or both?
  • Jim Draker
    Jim Draker Member
    edited March 2019
    Bill, Did you try using 1/8 pwr speaker output jack? My 6600M running though PC didn't work until I used the 1/8 pwr output jack into my powered speakers.
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    did having dexp on cause this? or maybe the vox level?
  • Bill Garfield W1BG
    edited March 2018
    This is on the M radio.  I've also tried disabling DEXP with no change.  The VOX works fine whenever selected, it's just that the TX MON will not work under any circumstances when VOX is enabled... but it will work if I hit the PTT button.

Seems as tho the MON is tracking the PTT input and not the VOX key line
  • Bill Garfield W1BG
    edited March 2018
    I have a set of powered speakers connected to the pwr spkr output jack tho I usually keeo those muted,  99% of my operations are on the headphones (for home noise abatement purposes).  As I posted above VOX works fine, just that TX MON remains disabled whenever VOX is enabled.  The button icon indicates TX Mon is enabled, tho it's not.  The TX MON only works when the PTT switch is triggered (even on VOX mode, hit the PTT button then MON works, but only for the duration the ptt button is held.  If PTT is released then MON stops even tho the radio may remain keyed as a result of VOX activity.  Bizarre,  This is an M radio (6600M) S/W 2.1.33 (and prior had same issue)
  • Gary Wise
    Gary Wise Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I'm seeing the same problem still (Sept 2018).  Monitor works OK when using PTT but not with VOX.

I'm recording the audio out of the powered speaker 1/8" output (through a mixer). Flex 6600 with the latest software.

One factor: I did have DAX enabled in order to potentially play audio from N1MM+.

I recorded my participation in the Worked All Europe SSB contest earlier this month and you can hear the difference when I switch from PTT to VOX. I got nothing out from my microphone on my recording and had to edit in audio from one of the cameras I was using (a real pain).

Link to video here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIfhWpYZ7mM&t=19s

Would like to have this fixed please!

73 de Gary W4EEY

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.