Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6600M suddenly lost TX audio vial BAL mic input

Bob  KW4CQ
Bob KW4CQ Member ✭✭
edited November 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Recently arrived 6600M with 2.1.33.39 Smart SDR Software tested using FHM-2 mic and TX audio was fine.  Switched to a Sennheiser e832 boom dynamic mic resetting the mic input to BAL while using a TRS plug adapter and the TX audio was fine for a while and then suddenly it lost modulation.  MIC menu set to MIC, BAL, PROC off, LEVEL up full, MIC gain adjusted full range. MENU Radio: Bias OFF, +20 dB ON. ....HELP!....Any suggestions, please?
Bob KW4CQ

Comments

• Pat N6PAT
    Pat N6PAT Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Does it work if you switch back to the first mic?
  • Bob  KW4CQ
    Bob KW4CQ Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Yes, it does with the hand mic.  It uses a different jack of course. 
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited April 2018
    If you are still are having issues and can't get the BAL input working, I recommend opening a HelpDesk ticket to get assistance.
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    How are you keying the rig? External PTT or via MOX? If you have DAX enabled and you use MOX It won’t take the mic input.
  • Bob  KW4CQ
    Bob KW4CQ Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Keying is via PTT.  The 6600M is being used presently as stand alone without PC interconnection.
    By the way, now I have lost headphone monitor audio on transmit.  Settings are correct just nothing in the headphones suddenly.  Here we go.
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Sounds like time for full reset.
  • Bob  KW4CQ
    Bob KW4CQ Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    As suggested by Wayne above I did several full factory resets and the TX and headphone audio problems persist.  The hand mic works fine and all of the menu and MIC settings appear to be  correct but with the dynamic mic plugged into the BAL MIC jack I cannot get any TX audio.  If I use an outboard mic preamp (a Focusrite Scarlett 2.2) which I have on had here I can get adequate TX level audio using that.  I have tried several other dynamic mics and I get the same results.
    So far, even with several full factory resets I can no longer get headphone audio on SSB for instance.  No problem when operating CW.  Good monitor audio in the headphones.  Before I open a trouble ticket I'd like to see if anyone has any further suggestions to offer.  I have done a complete sanity check on all the required settings for SSB operation and everything appears AOK.
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    A couple of other things which might be obvious but which I experienced. Check to make sure the mic plug is fully inserted once I did not have mine in all the way and didnt get any audio. Also I assume that you have the +20 turned on and the mic bias turned off since its a dynamic mic. Remember you had to have the bias turned on for the fhm3 mic but it must be off for a dynamic mic. Make sure dexp is turned off in the tx menu. Make sure you jave selected the RBAL for your mic when using the balanced input. I know you probably did this over and over however when I get frustrated trying to get something to work I slmetimes get lost in the settings and miss one. If none of this applies be sure to turn in a help desk tkt and they will get you set. Easy way to the tx menu is pressing the power numbers on the touch screen as pressing the knob tends to change mic gain. Hope this helps. Wayme.
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Maybe your adapter plug your using has failed I went back and reread the original post. Also turn on your level meter during receive to observe mic audio without having to transmit on the phone/cw tab.
  • Bob  KW4CQ
    Bob KW4CQ Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Wayne, it was the adapter plug after all.  It was making poor contact.  Tossed it out and replaced it with a higher quality one and now, Oh how sweet it is!  Thanks for the other tips too Wayne.  You're the man. 73 Bob
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Glad to here it, you know stuff like this always seems to happen on weekends or after hours ... murphys law:-)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.