Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6600m some info

Elan Paim
Elan Paim Member
edited February 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
is there any way to connect external HD to do a very long recording on the 6600m ? 
or usb stick ? 
is there a way to listen to DRM i love DRM radio and wonder is there a way to have this mode 
thanks for the interesting  production of the 6600m 
vy 73 elan g0uut

Answers

• Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited December 2017
    No.  You need to process the audio output through DAX and use PC recording software to store the audio files on your PC's hard drive.

Yes, using DAX you can demodulate DRM using software running on your PC like Dream.
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/drm/
  • Elan Paim
    Elan Paim Member
    edited February 2018
    okay Tim 
    yes we know this however it will be much easier just plug memory stick or external Hd to do so flexibility will be great 
    for me  but no prob thanks 
    73 elan g0uut
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2017
    We do not record audio as a playable audio format file; it is a bit stream.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    Tim, I use Audacity for recording something I want to save or send by email. But is there a way to increase the recording time in the radio?
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited December 2017
    I do not understand the question.  The only recording done in the radio is the quick record and playback and that runs until you stop it or the radio runs out of uSD storage.  You can stream audio out of DAX for days.
  • Elan Paim
    Elan Paim Member
    edited December 2017
    on the PSDR software it is not a problem  and work well 
    however on ssdr work different all i can think in some way that will be possibility 
    to use PSDR /or ssdr choice  but it is just a dream that will never come hi hi 
    the issue i love to do recording i am sure some of us like that as well 
    cant see why it is not possibel to have many option to do recording for very long time by connecting small HD usb [yes we know about the DAX ] and with the audacity you get do mp3 conversion . well 
    happy holiday enjoy 
    73 elan g0uut

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.