Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6600M Measurments

Options
Mike NN9DD
Mike NN9DD Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows

I am looking for the final actual measurements of the 6600M.  I am reconfiguring the Desk and want to make sure there is plenty of room on both sides and top; for the unit to breath

What I am looking for:

Front to Back :

Top to Bottom ( Legs Extended ):

Side to Side:

Would also love to know where the vents are in the case

Thanks

Mike NN9DD

Answers

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2020
    Options
    7 1/4 high x 14 wide x 11 deep (not including connectors). 

NOTE - There are vents along sides and bottom of radio just behind front panel that allows air in that goes through a large fan that is then exiting out the rear of the radio. You should have a few inches clearance on each side of the radio to allow proper air flow.

The depth does not include connectors and cables which will attach to the back. You also want the desk to be available to vent this area as that is where the warm air exits radio.

The original specs published showed height at 6 3/4" and I built a shelf unit @ 7" high. The radio will not fit. Need to build a new shelf unit.

Dave wo2x

• NX6D Dave
    NX6D Dave Member ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I have a 6600 and can add a bit to what Dave has said.  The front panel itself is 6 3/4 by 14, but the 6400/6600/M radios stand on four legs that make the overall height a bit more than 7 inches.  7 1/4 would be a good dimension to use for fitting it into a space.

Gerald answered a question about the Maestro plastic cover the other day.  Would it fit on a M series radio?  His answer was yes.  The M series front panel uses the same injection molding tooling that is used for Maestro.  In form factor terms, they are identical.  But that's as far as you can take that.  Maestro has a different stand/leg system from the M series radios, so you can't extrapolate the M series vertical dimension from the Maestro.

As far as I know, the 6400/6600/M radios share a common case so apart from the front panel knobs, they are the same size.

The large fan is great.  it is **very** quiet!  The radio is notably lighter in weight than the original 6000 models.

Dave / NX6D
  • HCampbell  WB4IVF
    HCampbell WB4IVF Member ✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Options

Recently Tim indicated that the M models have an adjustable viewing angle:

https://community.flexradio.com/flexradio/topics/6600m-6400m-front-panel-tilt

Is the front of the M model about 7 1/4" in height at maximum tilt?

Thanks,

Howard

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.