Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6600M Maestro is not responding

Wayne Price
Wayne Price Member
Upon power up, the 6600M screen ends up with a normal looking screen, minus panadapter display.  Pressing any selection on screen causes a message "Maestro is not responding".  Can't operate from SSDR either.  Message "No radio is available".

Suggestions?
Wayne W5GIE

Answers

• KF4HR
    KF4HR Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Sounds like something may not be quite right with your software load.  Consider deleting SmartSDR (use the Revo Uninstaller to make sure it's 100% deleted), then reinstall the software.
  • Sam Nakano
    Sam Nakano Member
    edited August 2019
    Hi my 6500 is the same symptom. FLEX help desk said to me that my radio need to return to them for fixing it that is the only way do fix it.
  • Wayne Price
    Wayne Price Member
    edited August 2019
    I'll look at it a bit more tomorrow.  If I physically disconnect the 6600M from the network it doesn't boot up properly.  And the SSDR doesn't work on either of 2 laptops or a desktop.
  • Warren-K6WKW
    Warren-K6WKW Member
    edited August 2019
    I've had that no-panafall symptom repeatedly on both my 66 and 64 M radios. Patiently powering down and back up usually resolved it. However I've never had a problem when disconnected from the network (but that hasn't been often). I have to use a box to get the radio's Ethernet to Wi-Fi due to house configuration, and Flex believes the problem is a timing issue. Apparently the second (or occasionally the third) try assigns the IP addresses correctly and all works OK. I improved the situation when I assigned reserved IP addresses to both the face and radio. If your rig consistently fails I'd suggest consulting Flex, but probably try a hardware reset and reloading your 2.5 or 3.0 download.
    Warren - K6WKW
  • Wayne W5GIE
    Wayne W5GIE Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Thanks Warren.  I'll look at that.  
    Wayne W5GIE
  • Wayne W5GIE
    Wayne W5GIE Member ✭✭
    edited August 2019
    This AM, I started by rebooting everything on the home wifi system.....router, wireless LAN boxes, computer, laptops, FLEX, etc.  Powered everything up and all is happy.

I'll post more comments if I find anything of note.
    Wayne W5GIE
  • K6NCX
    K6NCX Member
    edited April 2020
    Symptoms similar to those described by W5GIE just appeared in the last week or two. No panadapter display, no slice receiver active, pressing RX buttons does nothing. Pressing on display either does nothing or cAuses “Maestro not responding” message to come up. Repeated reboots do not clear it.
  • Wayne W5GIE
    Wayne W5GIE Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I haven't had that same situation since my prior comment.  At times I have to reboot the computer for the 6600 to smartSDR to connect.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    On a 6000 radio a simple reboot does not always clear problems, it is important to disconnect the power cord from the radio a few moments to do any good. If the problems persist than a factory reset may be needed.
  • Thomas NE7X
    Thomas NE7X Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    I am having the same exact intermittent issue with my 6400M,
               Maestro is not responding
    If I reboot the error clears and the 6400M boots up OK.

I am using my 6400M in stand-alone mode NOT tethered to a PC running SmartSDR. I opened ticket (#33817) and so far Flex has not come up with a resolution.

• Wayne W5GIE
    Wayne W5GIE Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Good luck.  I had that stand alone condition myself and a factory reset did the trick.  Didn't take long and I had the profiles saved.  

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.