6600M & Ham Radio Deluxe & DM780

• Problem
  • Updated 1 month ago
I sold my Flex6300 and received my 6600M. I plug everything I check the configuration, but DM780 does not start the PTT I receive but does not transmit. So no more than WSJT-X

Someone would have a solution.
Photo of Jean Drolet

Jean Drolet

• 73 Posts
  • 8 Reply Likes

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of Wayne

Wayne

• 614 Posts
  • 84 Reply Likes
Watch the you tube videos on how to setup hrd and dm380 with the flex 6000 series it shows you step by step.
Photo of Frank Kirschner

Frank Kirschner

• 14 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
They don't work for me. Either a selection I need is grayed out, or an error widget pops up.

I'm migrating from an FTdx=5000 with a Navigator interface, so the serial ports may be messed up. I don't know enough about virtual com ports to straighten it out.
Photo of K1DBO

K1DBO

• 425 Posts
  • 73 Reply Likes
Jean,

Give Slice Master 6000 a try and let it configure every thing for you.  HRD Support is pretty good at this point. 

To get DM780 going, just download Slice Master and start it up.  Then, in SSDR choose a slice set it for DIGU and select a DAX audio channel.  Make sure the DAX channel is enabled in the DAX Control Panel. 

Then back in Slice Master, select the Launch tab for the slice you chose in SSDR.  Scroll down to find the DM780 option group and change the Launch setting to "By Mode".  Now any time you switch that slice to DIGU, DM780 will pop-up ready to go.

If that doesnt work, Slice Master will display a status messages telling you what you missed.

--Don
Photo of Frank Kirschner

Frank Kirschner

• 14 Posts
  • 0 Reply Likes
Didn't work for me. When I changed the launch setting in SliceMaster to "By Mode," the hard disk started to run, and SliceMaster locked up. No error messages.
Photo of WQ2H - Jim Poulette

WQ2H - Jim Poulette

• 103 Posts
  • 19 Reply Likes
Hi Jean,

HRD version 6.4.0.846 sets up and runs through the DAX very easily - very little set up work required to get it up to speed and running. I did not however set up a separate COM port, just let HRD configure it. Just make sure your clock syncro is functional, and calibrate the sound card.

In case you missed it - there was a good article written earlier this year in the "SmartSDR Tips & Tricks". Thanks to those that created and published it.

https://helpdesk.flexradio.com/hc/en-us/articles/202422549-SmartSDR-Ham-Radio-Deluxe-DM780-HowTo-Set...

73 Jim, WQ2H
(Edited)