Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6600M Front Panel AND SmartSDR Simultaneously?

2»

Answers

• Bill Garfield W1BG
    edited January 2018
    Hi Tim
    Will Multi-Client be something that's in the initial shipping realease?
  • Bill Garfield W1BG
    edited January 2018
    Tim,
    Help me understand. That seems inconsistent with the statement of multi-client support. If there is Multi Client support why would the front panel become disabled after connecting to the radio with a PC running SmartSDR?  Sorry, but I don't follow...
  • James Whiteway
    edited January 2018
    Because multi-client is not yet implimented. With SSDR and the M model radios, for now, the radio's display will be disabled. The controls may work like the Flex control does presently, just no display on the front of the radios,,,,,yet.
  • James Whiteway
    edited January 2018
    No.
  • Bill Garfield W1BG
    edited January 2018
    Thanks James.  Clear, unambiguous and to the point.
  • Bill Garfield W1BG
    edited January 2018
    Thanks again James.
  • G4NRT
    G4NRT Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    I had a chat with a Flex rep (I don't remember who) at Friedrichshafen.  

I was interested in connecting an external monitor to an M series box.  I was told that the external monitor would merely duplicate the front panel display and that I couldn't (for example) display the waterfall on the external monitor while the front panel simultaneously displayed meters or something different.  

For me this was a game changer and I decided there and then that an external Maestro was the only way to go for me.  It would be a 6600 and not a 6600M if I changed.

I like multi-client feature as described by Tim but I can't think of any reason now to change my 6700/Maestro combination to a 6600 especially as this will be available on all 6000 series boxes.  I suppose if there is a 6800 then that may be the time to upgrade!

David G4NRT
  • EA4GLI
    EA4GLI Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    The 2 XVTR ports on the 6600 is the most tempting change... I would love that on the 6700. Then again, 6600 doesn't have a 144 IF to feed the microwave transverters..... so...who knows.
  • G4NRT
    G4NRT Member ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Yes and I have 4m here in the UK as well! I think it is worth losing a XVTR port for - and I have the 75w DEMI 2MLPDA as well so another reason to keep the 6700 until its successor come along ...
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited January 2018
    It will be in a future v2.x release.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.