Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6600M freezes when I key my HT.

KB4OIF
KB4OIF Member ✭✭
Good morning Just got my DMR radio HT programmed last night.  Was listening to my net and I wanted to see if I can hit the repeater.  Here is where it gets crazy.  When I key it up (HT) the 6600M freezes. Latest software.   Any Ideas.

Answers

• George KF2T
    George KF2T Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    RF is getting into your rig or computer (best bet it's the computer). Easiest solution is to put some distance between your DMR rig and computer.  Antennas away from radios, good grounding, ferrites, high quality shielded cables, wireless mouse and keyboard all will help with EMI issues.
  • Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    And if you are not using a computer, choke the Ethernet cable and the power into the radio.
  • KB4OIF
    KB4OIF Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Thanks Got ferrites on almost every cable.  Power cable. cat 6 cables, antenna connects and so on.  Small room here for a shack so moving the HT away is kind of hopeless.  may just turn off the flex when I am talking on the HT. 

• Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Check SWR on your HT
  • Ken - NM9P
    Ken - NM9P Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    That is a new one for me.

But I DID have a Vista Pyramid power supply that would go funky when I was on 2 meters.  Sometimes the voltage would go weird.  Usually the crowbar protection would activate and shut everything down....

Could your HT be causing voltage problems in your PS that are freezing the rig?

Ken - NM9P
  • N9VC
    N9VC Member ✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Check it methodically. Disconnect everything
    from the radio and key the HT. Then add one
    thing, such as the antenna next to see if it
    is OK. Keep adding till it freezes. Process of
    elimination.

73, Jim N9VC

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.