Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6600M external Speaker is not working

Wolfgang
Wolfgang Member ✭✭
edited April 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
Hi All
I'm not able to use an external Speaker e.g. ICOM SP-34 with my FLEX 6600M. I tried all the plugs at the back - but no sound. I tried with mono and stereo 3.5mm plugs.

Any ideas?
Is this a Hardware or Software Issue?

Wolfgang

Answers

• Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited April 2019
    You must use speakers with a built in amplifier. I use a visio sound bar with remote control mounted on wall.
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited June 2018
    Yes, you need an amplified and stereo speaker connected to all SDRs that Flexradio has produced.
  • Wim
    Wim Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
  • Wolfgang
    Wolfgang Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Hi TimI just installed a small nice speaker amplifier. But no sound - nothing! I connected the PWR-SPKR output to the input of the amplifier and the output of the amplifier to the input of teh ICOM speaker.
    Do I have to enable the PWR-SPKR in the software somewhere?73Wolfgangimage
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited June 2018
    There are no controls to turn on or off the powered speaker output, but you can mute it.

I would simplify the problem.  Do you have a pair of computer speakers?  Connect them to the radio and verify that it is working in that configuration before using a more complex configuration.
  • Wolfgang
    Wolfgang Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Everything is ok now. I just plugged in an old powered Logotech PC speaker - and it works. Issue is solved :-)The nice looking amplifier is not working and ent into the china-trash.
    73Wolfgang

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.