6600M external Speaker is not working

• Question
  • Updated 11 months ago
  • Answered
Hi AllI'm not able to use an external Speaker e.g. ICOM SP-34 with my FLEX 6600M. I tried all the plugs at the back - but no sound. I tried with mono and stereo 3.5mm plugs.

Any ideas?Is this a Hardware or Software Issue?
73Wolfgang
Photo of Wolfgang

Wolfgang

• 22 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like

Posted 11 months ago

Photo of Wayne

Wayne

• 614 Posts
  • 88 Reply Likes
You must use speakers with a built in amplifier. I use a visio sound bar with remote control mounted on wall.
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9178 Posts
  • 3525 Reply Likes
Yes, you need an amplified and stereo speaker connected to all SDRs that Flexradio has produced.
Photo of Wim

Wim

• 96 Posts
  • 19 Reply Likes
Photo of Wolfgang

Wolfgang

• 22 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Hi TimI just installed a small nice speaker amplifier. But no sound - nothing! I connected the PWR-SPKR output to the input of the amplifier and the output of the amplifier to the input of teh ICOM speaker.
Do I have to enable the PWR-SPKR in the software somewhere?73Wolfgang
Photo of Tim - W4TME

Tim - W4TME, Customer Experience Manager

• 9178 Posts
  • 3525 Reply Likes
There are no controls to turn on or off the powered speaker output, but you can mute it.

I would simplify the problem.  Do you have a pair of computer speakers?  Connect them to the radio and verify that it is working in that configuration before using a more complex configuration.
Photo of Wolfgang

Wolfgang

• 22 Posts
  • 1 Reply Like
Everything is ok now. I just plugged in an old powered Logotech PC speaker - and it works. Issue is solved :-)The nice looking amplifier is not working and ent into the china-trash.
73Wolfgang