Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6600M display stuck in Connect screen , even after orderly shutdown, only PC SmartSDR usable

Andy - KU7T
Andy - KU7T Member ✭✭
edited June 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
My radio's M display seems stuck on the Connect/Login screen (as when someone would be logged in remotely). I can orderly shutdown and start the radio and the screen stays on. I can hear clicking during the boot up procedure, so it seems the radio server part is all working, but the front panel display is stuck and does not change. I can even connect from a PC...

I tried the 4+ second hard shutdown procedure, but that did not fix it.  I have not pulled the power plug yet, but that is the only other thing I can think of.  

Any other suggestions?

Thanks
Andy

KU7T

Answers

• AH0U
    AH0U Member
    edited June 2019
    Disconnect the power supply
  • Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Have you recently upgraded to v2.2.8 if so you should do a cold boot after to ensure all works ok, if this does not apply then please disregard my tip..
  • W8WD
    W8WD Member
    edited June 2018
    Andy,
    I have had 1 occurrence so far of the same 6600M screen lock-up issue. As you commented the radio can still be connected to remotely.

I remotely connect to the 6600M using Maestro and SmartSDR IOS 99% of the time. I have been watching it to see if there is specific sequence that creates this condition. When it happened I shutdown the radio (display is still active, will not shutdown via power button), then remove power to the radio. After it re-boots everything is fine.

Brian / W8WD

• Andy - KU7T
    Andy - KU7T Member ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Just FYI, I resorted back to turning off the power supply. Have not seen it since...

Andy
    KU7T
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Andy, by disconnecting all power, unplugging the power cord drains out any stored power in the processors and other components. Then on boot up everything is reset. I don't mean factory reset in this case.
  • W8WD
    W8WD Member
    edited May 2018
    Bill,
    Front panel lockup of the 6x00M is a unacceptable behavior. Recommending to disconnect power and have an uncontrolled shutdown of the FP is something I would hope Flex is not recommending as a corrective action. I can understand it as a short term containment action but root cause analysis should be done. I was hoping a Flex representative would capture this issue for evaluation since there are couple customers experiencing this problem.

Thank for your understanding.

Brian/W8WD 
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Sometimes things happen in our very complicated radios, I think 5 processors. In case something happens strange this is the correct way to clear it in many cases.
    How ever if this is a common condition more attention would be needed to track it down, and you know Flex will do that for sure.

Sometimes they are very busy and can not always reply when we expect them to but they are always reading our post and making notes.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.