Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6600M CW filter not settable beyond 950Hz width

Andy - KU7T
Andy - KU7T Member ✭✭
edited March 2020 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
I switched from DIGU to CW. Filter width is shown as 950. If I click any smaller filter width, SmartSDR takes it, but anything larger, will just very briefly switch to the wider filter and then fall back to 950Hz. Seems like a bug to me.  Not a show stopper, but thought I would mention this here. 

Andy
KU7T

Comments

• Robert Lonn
    Robert Lonn Member ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Andy,, I am not a big CW person, so help me understand what mode of operation would require a larger bandwidth then say 950 when in CW mode?? Looks like CW is limited to a maximum of 950.. May be that Smart SDR can display bandwidth that is in fact not supported at the 6600M device itself..  Just trying to expand my knowledge of CW operation.. Sorry if I misunderstood your initial question ..

Robert
  • K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    one key use of wider cw filter is watching dx pileup...

i usually use 2khz wide on pileup side so it is easier to hear where the dx is working
    there are some   W I D E   cw pileup...which i really dont like either

Paul K3SF
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2018
    I can not confirm this as a defect. Do you have a third-party app connected to the radio changing the filter size?  You can go as wide as ~12kHz in CW.  

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.