Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6600M audio coming from the unit while running Smart SDR on computer

Jeffrey Kerber, N3VE
Jeffrey Kerber, N3VE Member ✭✭
edited September 2018 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series

6600M  audio coming from the unit while running Smart SDR on computer

very faint audio coming from the radio while using Smart SDR, anyone else hear this with your external speakers off?

Answers

• Wayne
    Wayne Member ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Did you turn off the front radio speaker in the ssdr for windows menu tab at the upper left under settings and radio tab?
  • Tim - W4TME
    Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin
    edited May 2018
    Jeffery,

If you do not want to use the front panel speaker you have to disable it when using SmartSDR for Windows.  Go to Settings->Radio Setup-->RX and disable to option (at the bottom of the window)
  • Jeffrey Kerber, N3VE
    edited September 2018
    Tim, the front panel speaker is disabled.
  • Tim - W4TME
    edited May 2018
    Could it possibly RF getting into the audio circuitry?  Try transmitting into a dummy load and see if you still hear it.
  • Jeffrey Kerber, N3VE
    edited May 2018

Tim, it is receive audio. Just rebooted the radio and it is still there.  Should I try a factory reset?

Jeff

We can talk in Dayton.

• Jeffrey Kerber, N3VE
    edited May 2018

hard reset fixed the problem

Jeff

• Tim - W4TME
    edited May 2018
    Thanks for the update.

BTW, I'll not be attending Hamvention this year.  I'm not yet healed enough from my shoulder surgery in March to fly and do booth duties.  I do not want to risk the progress I have been making the last few weeks in PT.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.