Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6600M Arrives in the Granite State ( WQ2H)

Options
Unit delivered Saturday afternoon. Set-up (especially using DAX) and getting on the air was infinitely easier than I had anticipated. After a few hours on Sunday, I had updated the software, created and tested 4 slice receivers, set-up and tested both Fldigi & HRD, and set up a Rx antenna with a DX Receiver Guard. I updated the software at the router, then carried the radio back to the shack, so latency has been a pretty steady 1ms. Very pleased with the system and performance so far.

I have a 75m WL2K gateway on a separate radio here which runs pretty much 24/7/356 at 50W on a full wave horizontally polarized loop. As 80/75m is pretty much where I like to be, the Rx antenna (a folded dipole about 50' away from the loop) and front end protection seemed like a prudent idea. It was tested repeatedly yesterday (mostly Pactor) with no issues so far. Eventually I would like to switch over the gateway to the Flex - but we'll take that one step at a time. (The Farallon cable is also in hand).

Next step is to build and test the Ameritron ARI-500 / Flex interface cable (all materials in hand) for auto-band switching on the amp. Once that's completed, I'll run a Cat line from the router to the shack and put both the computer and the radio on the gb-switch. Also waiting for the Yaesu adapter cable which I ordered after the radio. Although I honestly don't do much phone, I do like my "clunker" MD-200 for nets.

I would have done more (seriously).......but I had to cut that grass. Ces't la vie.
73 Jim, WQ2H

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.