6600M and 6400M hardware issues

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
I have been reading the FRS community and have noticed that more problems are arising with the 6400m and 6600m with the hardware, we all realize that the software and firmware and correct the other issues, but I am concerned with hardware issues. I am planning on reordering the 6600M, but I would like to hear from others on this issue. Thank you
Photo of mike /k6mgk

mike /k6mgk

• 16 Posts
  • 6 Reply Likes

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Gerald - K5SDR

Gerald - K5SDR, Official Rep

• 794 Posts
  • 1433 Reply Likes
Official Response
Mike, as I reported on another thread the total number of hardware issues are very small relative to the large number of shipments (think low single digit percentage).  We have shipped a very large number of radios in the last 6 weeks even though there are still many waiting.  Unfortunately, I know of exactly two people where Murphy's Law struck with more than one out of box failure.  Any time we have seen more than one failure of a specific type, we have taken immediate corrective action in the factory as soon as possible.  I am personally keeping a log of each problem so I can make sure we take care of everything in a timely manner.

I can assure you that 100% of the issues I am aware of have already been addressed in the factory and thus on current shipments.  Each were easily corrected through manufacturing process improvements.  My observation is also that almost 100% of the customers with problems chose to report them here on this Community because every one I have seen reported are on my tracking spreadsheet. 

One final assurance, if you have a problem we will fix it.  We design, manufacture, support and service all of our radio products in Austin, TX USA (also service in Germany).  We do our best to take good care of our customers.  We are not always perfect but we are always working to improve everything we do.  You can be confident in that.

Gerald