Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6600 with separate maestro

Jamie WW3S
Jamie WW3S Member ✭✭
edited November 2019 in FLEX-6000 Signature Series
If I understand correctly, if you get the model that uses an external maestro, you have to use a computer to connect the two, correct? Will the latest versions/drivers run on Win7 or is 10 required?

Answers

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    A Maestro, laptop,,Iphone,,will connect to the radio. There is no need for a computer. They connect using Lan connection over the network.

Yes for Win 7 and up.
  • Don Cunningham
    Don Cunningham Member ✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Jamie,
    I have my Flex 6300 hooked directly to the Maestro with NO computer or router/internet right now and it's working just fine.  I do have Windows 10, but I think Windows 7 should work, at least for basic use.  I just today got my 6300 hooked up directly, and it went just like the manual said.  I was making some mistakes and had not been able to do that, but it was easy after I read the manual and some previous posts.  Hope this helps, Dpm. WB5HAK
  • Phill Beistel
    Phill Beistel Member
    edited January 2019
    Jamie, I use a Maestro-a or a pc or an iPad either lan connected or internet connected. No requirement of a specific PC desktop or laptop. Very Felexable! Phill WB3DHF
  • Steven WA8Y
    Steven WA8Y Member ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Initial setup requires CAT connection between Maestro and 6600 and 6600 connected to your WiFi with a CAT cable. The Maestro must be plugged in to the wall (external power). After that the Maestro can connect to the 6600 via your WiFi router (and you can power it with a battery). I prefer using the Maestro on battery with WiFi. That way I can pick it up and move to another room witbout re-starting.
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited April 2019
    Hi Jamie

There are some correct answers here and some not so correct.

The Maestro can connect directly to the radio (any 6000 series) with just a LAN cable connected from the Maestro to the Radio in its simplest mode.  Make sure the Maestro is powered from external 12v power as the LAN port is not active when the Maestro is running on 100% battery.  No computer is required.

SmartSDR DAX or SmartSDR CAT is not required until you wish to use some logging or digital modes.  Those can run on your computer at the same time as using the Maestro.  If you chose this mode, then your Maestro needs to be LAN cabled into your home network (LAN Switch) so that the Maestro, PC and Radio can all communicate with each other.

I hope that helps.

Mike va3mw

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.