Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6600 Will Not Update Via Smartlink on Mac Mini

Reggie
Reggie Member ✭✭
edited June 2020 in SmartSDR for Windows

I installed SSDR software v2.1.33 on Windows 10 using a Mac Mini and Parallels.  I was able to login Smartlink; however, I get a message to Update.  When I press the yellow update button, I get the following message:

Title on alert window: Radio Wan Updates Not Supported

“Radio updates with Smartlink are not supported at this time”

What do I need to do to resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Reggie

Answers

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    you have to be on the same LAN as the radio to run the Upgrade and connected to the radio direct and not through SmartLink.
    hope this helps
    Bret
    WX7Y

• Mark_WS7M
    Mark_WS7M Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Reggie,

Can I assume your radio is running 2.1.33?  If it is not then your issue is simply that you must run the same version of SSDR over Smartlink as your radio has installed.

If your radio is on 2.1.33 but you are still getting this message over smartlink then I must suspect that your install of SSDR on the W10 with Parallels is perhaps corrupt, OR worse there is something in the Mac/Parallels setup that is blocking something causing the software to think you need a radio update.

I would first try a clean uninstall of SSDR on the W10/Parallels.   Download a fresh new copy of 2.1.33 and try a re-install.

If you still have issues then you are going to need to look at what might be blocked.

There are others here that have used parallels with success.  I had VMWare fusion working for a while on my Mac laptop but found the audio to be chunky so I went back to a true Windows platform.
  • Reggie
    Reggie Member ✭✭
    edited June 2020

I am able to connect via SmartSDR v2.1.33; however, I had to upgrade radio to v2.1.33 using the Maestro.  Although the Mac and 6600 are on the same network, I could not upgrade the radio. 

The upgrade was necessary because I installed SmartSDR v2.1.33 on W10/Parallels and the 6600 had an older version of software.

Reggie

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    You said you used Smartlink to upgrade..I don't think you can do that...
    you must be on the same network connected directly.
  • Reggie
    Reggie Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018

Bill,

For some reason, it looks like my 6600 is connecting via my public address instead of connecting via the LAN.  Therefore, Smartlink is required.  I am trying to figure out why the 6600 is not getting an IP address via DHCP.  I am new to Mac, so there is a learning curve.

Reggie

• Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I understand, I don't think it can update using smartlink
  • Reggie
    Reggie Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018

So, how do you update the software for a Flex 6000 that is in a remote location?

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    TeamViewer, Remote Desktop, or a VPN
    73's 
    Bret
  • Ria
    Ria Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    Yep, as Bret and others have said - Smartlink (on purpose) doesn't support upgrades and downgrades. What better way to brick your radio than to upgrade it over a flaky internet connection. Of course, if you're adventurous, you can use a VPN, but... that's at your own risk!
  • Reggie
    Reggie Member ✭✭
    edited April 2018

Bill,

My Maestro is on the same network as the 6600; so I upgraded the radio using the Maestro.  Now the issue is getting SMARTSDR in Parallels/WIN10 to get an IP address on the same LAN so it can connect directly to the 6000.

Reggie

• Mario_DL3LSM
    Mario_DL3LSM Member ✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Hi Reggie,

you have to go into the settings/configurations for your Win10 virtual machine in Parallels.. In the Networking settings use "Bridged-Network" (not the recommended "Shared Network") and the inteface which is connected to your local network. 

See the attached screenshot. My installation has german language but you should see what's important..

73, Mario DL3LSM

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.