Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6600.what do flex class as a contest band? is 10m included?

Stu      2E0XXO
Stu 2E0XXO Member ✭✭
Iam considering a flex 6600. but would like to know if 10m is considered a contest band by flex.
Hence benefitting from the 7th order BPF's. I cannot find this info anywhere.
Any help much appreciated.

Answers

• Rick N4RZ
    Rick N4RZ Member ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    The HF contest bands are 160, 80, 40, 20, 15 and 10M.   So, these bands have the 7th order filters.  The WARC bands, 30, 17 and 12M plus 60M do not allow contesting and therefore do not. 
  • Joe N3HEE
    Joe N3HEE Member ✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I would certainly hope they consider 10 meters a contest band !! I own a 6600M and been having fun contesting with it. It’s an amazing radio. Some nice openings this weekend in ARRL 10 meter contest.
  • Stu      2E0XXO
    Stu 2E0XXO Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Thanks guys for the prompt replies.
    Yes Joe, some good contacts this weekend.had a nice ATNO to Namibia on 40w CW and a moxon.
    Moving closer to that 6600 purchase all the time.
  • Stu      2E0XXO
    Stu 2E0XXO Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    just an afterthought, does 6m benefit from 7th order filters ? or just the std 3rd ?
    and while iam at it, i take it the radio comes with smartsdr software included and a years worth of updates too ? sri for daft questions, never even thought about a flex before until recently.
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I am not sure about the 7th order filters on 6m. As the radio comes with the latest up dates to SSDR. The updates are covered for the intire version. It is not based on the year. So as it comes with version 2 all up dates are covered during v2 for as long as that may be.
  • Stu      2E0XXO
    Stu 2E0XXO Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    tks for the info on SSDR Bill. can the SSDR be wound back and forth within the same version at will ? or back to a previous version? eg. back to v2 when the new v3 was supplied with the radio?
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    The radio can vevert back to any version in a moment, and back again. This is a standard thing Flex testers do all the time.
  • Stu      2E0XXO
    Stu 2E0XXO Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    great info tks.
  • K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Hi Bill
    i thought the 6400 and 6600 series (Non-M and M models) could not run SSDR V1 because of the h/w translation layer.

Correct me if i am wrong.

Paul K3SF
  • Bill -VA3WTB
    Bill -VA3WTB Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    This is were it gets tricky. The 6400 and the 6600 comes with V2. When I told him that. I was not considering what radio he was asking about. But I think that changes were made in v1.11 that allowed all radios to run on v1. Again, I may be wrong.
    Would there ever be a reason to revert to v1?
  • Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    6400/6600 came with v2 and need it :-)
  • K3SF
    K3SF Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    no obvious reason to revert to V1 and as you can see i didnt follow along with V1 updates or i would have known that. Just wanted some clarity to those that read along here...
    and
    as well as for myself
    and
    i am a happy owner of a 6600M running v2.4.9 ...

AND
    right now wondering what Santa will bring with V3 ;-))

Merry Christmas to ALL....

Paul K3SF
  • Stu      2E0XXO
    Stu 2E0XXO Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    another question if i may.....
    on the 6400,how wide apart in frequency can you have the 2 slices before the radio goes into wide mode and bypasses the 3rd order BPF's ?
    If i can have 2 slices of any ham band open at once and not open up the front end too much....... that will do me fine.
    looks like the budget will not stretch to the 6600,may have to upgrade in the future.
    thanks again for the help so far.

stu
    2E0XXO (nearly a flex owner)
  • Stu      2E0XXO
    Stu 2E0XXO Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018
    answered by matt via chat.....about 14mhz

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.